Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m feeling quite stressed and overwhelmed by the amount of exams and this is the first time we’re going to be doing proper GCSE papers for the 9-1 under timed conditions. I have 12 exams in total and some of them are 1 hour 45 mins (excluding Art which is 3 hours). I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on when I should start properly revising (they’re on 17th April, in 5 weeks) and how to make an efficient revision time table because I struggle to decide which subjects I should do each day and prioritise.
    The exams I have are (in order): Chemistry, Art, English Language, Geography, Maths Non-Calc, Religious Studies, English Lit, History, Physics, French, Maths Calc and lastly, Biology.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addywbu)
    I’m feeling quite stressed and overwhelmed by the amount of exams and this is the first time we’re going to be doing proper GCSE papers for the 9-1 under timed conditions. I have 12 exams in total and some of them are 1 hour 45 mins (excluding Art which is 3 hours). I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on when I should start properly revising (they’re on 17th April, in 5 weeks) and how to make an efficient revision time table because I struggle to decide which subjects I should do each day and prioritise.
    The exams I have are (in order): Chemistry, Art, English Language, Geography, Maths Non-Calc, Religious Studies, English Lit, History, Physics, French, Maths Calc and lastly, Biology.
    You should probably start revising now or from the easter holidays. It can seem overwhelming at first but once you actually start revising you will start to feel better and u should be able to manage it better. Also, remember you’re in year 10 so u still have a whole year and a bit until ur real gcses.
    In terms of what to revise first, I would either start with chemistry and work in order of your exams (that works for me) or start with the subject with the most content or the one u find the hardest. Another way is to figure out in each subject what u definitely know and what u need help with so u can structure your revision more effectively.
    For me, I sort of go with the flow of what I revise on each day because revision timetables don’t really work for me. However they might work for u so if u figure out the subject you’re weakest in and which one you’re strongest in then it will make it easier for u to structure a revision timetable.
    And remember to take breaks when you’re revising.

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.