The Student Room Group

Facebook deletes Britain First and their leaders pages

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ruthflame57
Why do they have the right to express their opinions on a platform? They have freedom of thought. They have freedom of speech. But they don’t have to have the freedom to project that to the world. They don’t have to have the freedom to harass people with that message.

We all know Britain First are against Islam, if they replaced the word "Islam" with "Judaism" they'd be called Nazis.
Original post by xHSultanax
Lol excuse my ignorance but when have police from a western country ever ignored a child rapist because they're Muslim???

Perhaps you missed the whole Rotherham scandal
Lol excuse my ignorance but when have police from a western country ever ignored a child rapist because they're Muslim???

The fact that you don't even know about this is so concerning. Girls being impregnated over and over again at age 14, having their tongue nailed to tables, branded with hot metal, raped over and over by Asian men. Happening across Yorkshire and ignored and covered up by the government and police because they don't want to show that their multicultural project is failing
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Last time we stopped racism we marched into Berlin and put them 6 feet under.

You saying we should do that again? :wink:

Lol you realise this doesnt sound threatening in any way coming from some child on the Internet with a penguin avatar? "We" doesn't apply to your statement because you weren't involved. You wouldn't March anywhere because that would stepping away from the safety of your pc at your parents house. You don't own property, probably never had a proper job or real responsibility, know nothing of struggle and know nothing of the world. I'd guess that you were middle class too. The reason a lot of working class people are against Islam and multiculturalism in general is because they are the ones who have to live in it as their daily reality and suffer the consequences. Most working class people know the dark side of high immigration.

Oh and I'll add that talking about racism is futile as Islam is NOT a race but a religion and ideology. I personally respect the faith itself and would choose a Muslim over an atheist any day, but the ideology that comes with Islam and the fanatics is heinous and unfortunately supported by far too many Muslims. Additionally, with Islamic migration comes culture change, financial pressure...everything has an effect. People from Islamic countries are extremely different than us in so many ways. You can't just put two different social ethnic cultural groups together in close proximity and hope it works out. There has to be integration which has clearly failed strongly in the case of Europe. A small amount of professional migrants who adopt the culture of their new homes is not a problem, the problem arises when the new migrant population is so high that it will replace the native population. This has happened in other countries such as Brazil, where the natives are a basically irrelevant minority. We won't apologise for trying to stop that and it is absolutely not a paranoid conspiracy theory. It's purely statistical. If white Europeans have 1.2 kids per couple whilst Asian and African couples have 4 kids on average, after a few generations the native Europeans will cease to be the majority. In some places this is already the case - see Burnley, Birmingham etc. Yes, obviously racists exist who see themselves as ethnically superior to others, but the most people who oppose immigration and multiculturalism and support nationalism are simply saying no to this future reality. Our ancestors died to defend our people and lands, it's about time we did something too. I'm not calling for violence or war but I am calling for a change in attitude and some form of political action. I'm calling for all of you students who have been nicely trained and moulded to accept what the government does and what the EU has in store for us to use your own mind and actually think for yourselves. Don't just align yourself to an ideology or group because it's easy. Actually think as an independent individual and do some research and you might be surprised at what you find. If you ARE middle class etc I'm not saying you're a bad person, just that the reality is that you likely haven't shared the same experiences as working class people who have to live amongst the low income migrant population. Obviously someone coming from India as a doctor living in a nice house in a countryside town is gonna be a very different person to the thousands of Asians without jobs or working in minimum wage jobs living in Asian dominated estates and neighbourhoods. If you haven't experienced this reality then try and read up about it, the Rotherham incidents, Luton etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Heiðrek
The fact that you don't even know about this is so concerning. Girls being impregnated over and over again at age 14, having their tongue nailed to tables, branded with hot metal, raped over and over by Asian men. Happening across Yorkshire and ignored and covered up by the government and police because they don't want to show that their multicultural project is failing

Okay I didn't know this but still, they're not not doing anything about it because they're muslim. Being asian doesn't mean you are a Muslim.
Okay I didn't know this but still, they're not not doing anything about it because they're muslim. Being asian doesn't mean you are a Muslim.

Of course not. Many Asians/Arabs are Catholic. However, what grounds are you claiming that the cover ups are not due to them being muslim? Why are the police force and government trying so hard to cover the incidents up and not protect innocent British girls? It's purely political. No one is saying that being a muslim means you will rape young kids - of course it can be pointed out that in the Catholic church there has been incidents in the past which were also heinous. HOWEVER, people NEVER forget to remind Catholics constantly of this. Christians are easy game and we are always in the firing line...why? Because we won't slaughter you for criticising us. What has happened recently when people have criticised Islam? Death and threat of death. As I said earlier, I think Islam can be a respectable faith in general...we have things in common and I actually find Islamic faith, history and culture interesting, however Islam needs reform if it is to have a place (a minority place) in Europe because some of the things taught in the faith and holy scriptures are incompatible with Western Christian society. And I will add, that the reason people are so adverse to Islam is because of its spread and the method of said spread. People don't want it to become the majority faith and way of life in their native countries. Can you blame them? It would be the same if Christianity was to spread in the Arab lands in such a rapid and forceful way. Islam can not become large in Europe. It has to be the religion of a minority. When it starts to become so big as to have a serious effect on our society for example, change in schools, change in food production (halal etc.), literal takeover of Christianity (for example, look at Dublin Mosque - a beautiful church building purchased and converted...that's sacrilegious) then people will rise up in arms against it.My point here is trying to explain WHY people are acting and speaking as they are. Britain First, Farage, the Right...remember, the Conservative government was elected several times in a row and Brexit was passed. This is not the thought of the minority but the majority of the British people. You can't just say that British people are xenophobic or islamophobic - phobia suggests an irrational fear, but the fear we have is not at all irrational but very much considered and concerned. The more you simply label people as racist instead of consider your own views in lieu of what is going on and consider what may need to be done to change things, the more you push people in opposition. The more white Europeans are called bigots and racists for standing up for their own countries, culture and religion, the more they will attach themselves to nationalism. You see, there is a HUGE difference between someone who is genuinely racist (yes they exist ofc, in all races and countries) and someone who simply wants their native culture, language, religion and way of life - which their father and grandfather and ancestors have known for hundreds of years - to be protected in the era of globalism. I'm sure you'd be surprised by how many 'right-wingers' agree that migration can be a wonderful thing, but the issues we see in Europe currently are not a bi-product of natural human migration, they are a result of forced (and failed) multiculturalism because of the ideological dream of big politicians.So what's the solution? Well for a start, if you are of foreign background or different faith, you could just show solidarity with the hosts of the country you live in, practice your own way of life/faith at home in private and adapt and embrace your host culture in public. Even if you are born British. Nationality and ethnicity are different things. If I was born in Qatar I would still be British by blood, and therefore I would still practice my British culture - but I would NEVER force that on the people of Qatar. I would dress as they do, speak their language, respect their national faith and never expect them to change their country to accommodate me. If everyone did this in Britain we would have far fewer issues. Do you really think people like Britain First care if muslims practice their religion in their own time? No, of course not. All people demand is respect for the nation you live in - something that is noted in the Bible might I add (possibly in the Quran but unsure unfortunately). You people really think that we are racist but we aren't - not the majority. We don't see ourselves as better than any other race - there are people of all colours in the nationalist/identitarian movements. It's not about the colour of your skin - it's about respect of different cultures of different nations. Respect of ethnic rights to their native land. Respect of language. Respect of religion. Not to be replaced in your native land.I hope this makes sense? And I would appreciate respectful, well thought out replies, as I believe I have tried to do so in my comment here. If you just come out and call me a Nazi, as people like to do against anyone that doesn't agree with their ideological values these days, it will just show you have no argument whatsoever.
Original post by Heiðrek
Lol you realise this doesnt sound threatening in any way coming from some child on the Internet with a penguin avatar? "We" doesn't apply to your statement because you weren't involved. You wouldn't March anywhere because that would stepping away from the safety of your pc at your parents house. You don't own property, probably never had a proper job or real responsibility, know nothing of struggle and know nothing of the world. I'd guess that you were middle class too. The reason a lot of working class people are against Islam and multiculturalism in general is because they are the ones who have to live in it as their daily reality and suffer the consequences. Most working class people know the dark side of high immigration.

Oh and I'll add that talking about racism is futile as Islam is NOT a race but a religion and ideology. I personally respect the faith itself and would choose a Muslim over an atheist any day, but the ideology that comes with Islam and the fanatics is heinous and unfortunately supported by far too many Muslims. Additionally, with Islamic migration comes culture change, financial pressure...everything has an effect. People from Islamic countries are extremely different than us in so many ways. You can't just put two different social ethnic cultural groups together in close proximity and hope it works out. There has to be integration which has clearly failed strongly in the case of Europe. A small amount of professional migrants who adopt the culture of their new homes is not a problem, the problem arises when the new migrant population is so high that it will replace the native population. This has happened in other countries such as Brazil, where the natives are a basically irrelevant minority. We won't apologise for trying to stop that and it is absolutely not a paranoid conspiracy theory. It's purely statistical. If white Europeans have 1.2 kids per couple whilst Asian and African couples have 4 kids on average, after a few generations the native Europeans will cease to be the majority. In some places this is already the case - see Burnley, Birmingham etc. Yes, obviously racists exist who see themselves as ethnically superior to others, but the most people who oppose immigration and multiculturalism and support nationalism are simply saying no to this future reality. Our ancestors died to defend our people and lands, it's about time we did something too. I'm not calling for violence or war but I am calling for a change in attitude and some form of political action. I'm calling for all of you students who have been nicely trained and moulded to accept what the government does and what the EU has in store for us to use your own mind and actually think for yourselves. Don't just align yourself to an ideology or group because it's easy. Actually think as an independent individual and do some research and you might be surprised at what you find. If you ARE middle class etc I'm not saying you're a bad person, just that the reality is that you likely haven't shared the same experiences as working class people who have to live amongst the low income migrant population. Obviously someone coming from India as a doctor living in a nice house in a countryside town is gonna be a very different person to the thousands of Asians without jobs or working in minimum wage jobs living in Asian dominated estates and neighbourhoods. If you haven't experienced this reality then try and read up about it, the Rotherham incidents, Luton etc.

i agree with pretty much everything you are saying here but Britain first really is a hate group and I can't support that. Have you looked over their website at their policies and their videos? Maybe you should I just dont think that is something I can support.
Original post by Luke7456
i agree with pretty much everything you are saying here but Britain first really is a hate group and I can't support that. Have you looked over their website at their policies and their videos? Maybe you should I just dont think that is something I can support.

I should say that I don't necessarily support Britain First per se, but I have seen their Facebook before, and whilst I didn't agree with their methods I understand and support their fears, concerns and desires. I would never go to a Mosque and harass people for example, that's just unpleasant. But just because I don't support their methods doesn't mean they should be silenced. I'd be interested to see how many extremist Islamic groups exist on Facebook without punishment. I don't even consider Britain First extremist, just unpleasant.
Original post by Heiðrek
I should say that I don't necessarily support Britain First per se, but I have seen their Facebook before, and whilst I didn't agree with their methods I understand and support their fears, concerns and desires. I would never go to a Mosque and harass people for example, that's just unpleasant. But just because I don't support their methods doesn't mean they should be silenced. I'd be interested to see how many extremist Islamic groups exist on Facebook without punishment. I don't even consider Britain First extremist, just unpleasant.

they have done worse then that, they have actually gone outside Muslim owned businesses and handed fliers to people telling the town populace that they are donating part of the profits to terrorism.

they call for a total ban on Islam, anyone who has ever practiced to be banned from holding office and for it to be a criminal offence to preach Islam.

I don't think they should be censored on facebook either because I believe in free speech. I did vote out in the brexit referendum and I know some people would call my views unpleasent and want to silence me etc.

I think a lot of your concerns are valid and I share the same concerns but I think Britain first actually are a hate group.
Original post by Luke7456
they call for a total ban on Islam, anyone who has ever practiced to be banned from holding office and for it to be a criminal offence to preach Islam.

Well the King/Queen isn't allowed to be Catholic in this country still so... :wink: But yeah as I say, I don't support their methods but I do understand the cause of it. Anyone that feels this way and shares the concerns should get involved with peaceful groups such as Generation Identity as opposed to morons like Britain First. They give the right a bad name.
Reply 130
Original post by Heiðrek
As far as I'm aware, Britain First hasn't publicly called for violence against anyone.

They have. Many times. That is why Facebook was eventually forced to pull the plug on their page.
Original post by Dez
They have. Many times. That is why Facebook was eventually forced to pull the plug on their page.

can you give me an evidenced example?
Reply 132
Original post by Heiðrek
can you give me an evidenced example?

You realise the group's leaders were recently imprisoned for inciting violence, right? The court case will have all the evidence you need. I can't give you any examples of stuff they've posted to Facebook, since obviously, it's all been deleted now.
Original post by Dez
You realise the group's leaders were recently imprisoned for inciting violence, right? The court case will have all the evidence you need. I can't give you any examples of stuff they've posted to Facebook, since obviously, it's all been deleted now.

So you can't give my an example of even a single news article discussing it where they have literally called for people to cause physical harm to others? I'm not trying to trip you up I just want to get the facts straight. it's important in this age.
Reply 134
Original post by Heiðrek
So you can't give my an example of even a single news article discussing it where they have literally called for people to cause physical harm to others? I'm not trying to trip you up I just want to get the facts straight. it's important in this age.

You have access to Google right? Sorry but I don't really have time to go do a lot of research on this.
Original post by Dez
You have access to Google right? Sorry but I don't really have time to go do a lot of research on this.

If you make a claim that someone is "committing hate speech" you should be ready to back it up. This is the problem today. people are so fast to call others nazi, racist etc but often can't even provide one example to back it up. it's just smearing of those you dislike or disagree with. I don't even like Britain.First but you can't say things like that without some proof.
Reply 136
Original post by Heiðrek
If you make a claim that someone is "committing hate speech" you should be ready to back it up. This is the problem today. people are so fast to call others nazi, racist etc but often can't even provide one example to back it up. it's just smearing of those you dislike or disagree with. I don't even like Britain.First but you can't say things like that without some proof.

The criminal convictions recently handed out ought to be evidence enough. It is not a smear to say that Britain First is an organised hate group, that is a well-established fact. Asking for evidence of their hate is like asking for evidence that water is wet, really.

Though I do understand that it's a bit unfair of me to just say "go Google it", unfortunately I don't have unlimited time to spend answering such trivial questions. If it were a more disputed or less obvious claim, I'd find something, but for this it's hardly worth my effort.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dez
The criminal convictions recently handed out ought to be evidence enough. It is not a smear to say that Britain First is an organised hate group, that is a well-established fact. Asking for evidence of their hate is like asking for evidence that water is wet, really

Though I do understand that it's a bit unfair of me to just say "go Google it", unfortunately I don't have unlimited time to spend answering such trivial questions. If it were a more disputed or less obvious claim, I'd find something, but for this it's hardly worth my effort.

Just because someone got a criminal conviction doesn't prove what you say here. The justice system in this country is becoming corrupt as hell. Just look at what happened to Tommy Robinson (refer to his speech in York). So I did a quick search and found an article about Britain Firsts leaders conviction. Nowhere does it state he was calling for violence against anyone. As far as I can see he was done for harassing people being trialled in a rape case. Do you seriously not understand why? The amount of horrifying rapes that have gone on around the country, especially in the north, by Asian and Muslim men where they are not getting the deserved punishment. It is beyond belief that people care more about protecting the rapists than the young girls in our country. And apparently standing up to them yourself is hate speech? Hate speech can be a very broad term and it's very easy to pin that on someone you want silenced. If I say that I dislike Islam, and I talk out about it, that can be considered hate speech currently. Utter madness. we need to be able to say what we think. What kind of mental society are we moving towards here? Orwellian as ****.

oh and I think today's society is absolutely pathetic that you can't confront people you disagree with. All I see is people walking around with their phones in each others faces trying to catch them on video doing something. People crying assault at the slightest physical touch and trying to bait each other in to committing "hate speech". It's ****ing wet. If you have a problem with someone you should be able to confront them yourself. But people are so afraid of that now and rightly so, because we live in a police state where thoughts and opinions are controlled.

I will add that Jayda Fransen shouting abuse through the window is no way to handle a situation, but 36 weeks in jail for it? Really?? So if I come up to you and call you a ******* I can get jailed? That's mad mate.
(edited 6 years ago)
And I've just been looking at a few of the tweets this Jayda Fransen (dumb name by the way...pls don't report me to the police for saying that tho) was sending out and being retweeted by Trump...videos of muslims attacking people in European countries? Pictures of muslims desecrating Christian statues? OH NO, SO HATEFUL. HOW DARE YOU DOCUMENT AND SHARE THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING.
Reply 139
Original post by Heiðrek
Just because someone got a criminal conviction doesn't prove what you say here.

They were convicted because they incited hatred and harassed innocent people. I don't see how you can logically deny their actions show that they are capable of calling for violence against a group of people based on prejudice.

Original post by Heiðrek
The justice system in this country is becoming corrupt as hell.

Now this is a bold statement. You just had a go at me for making unsubstantiated claims, now you're spouting off spurious stuff like this? Gimme a break.

Original post by Heiðrek
Just look at what happened to Tommy Robinson (refer to his speech in York).

That's the guy who was denied entry to the UK wasn't it? Pretty sure that falls under the responsibility of the Home Offfice, not the judiciary.

Original post by Heiðrek
So I did a quick search and found an article about Britain Firsts leaders conviction. Nowhere does it state he was calling for violence against anyone. As far as I can see he was done for harassing people being trialled in a rape case.

They harassed innocent people, and they also harassed people who were charged with, but not yet convicted of rape. Those men were still innocent until proven guilty and it was nobody's place to try and harass them. That said, I don't agree wtih them being given bail, they should probably have been detained until their trial (though I don't know the exact details of the case).

Original post by Heiðrek
Do you seriously not understand why? The amount of horrifying rapes that have gone on around the country, especially in the north, by Asian and Muslim men where they are not getting the deserved punishment. It is beyond belief that people care more about protecting the rapists than the young girls in our country. And apparently standing up to them yourself is hate speech? Hate speech can be a very broad term and it's very easy to pin that on someone you want silenced. If I say that I dislike Islam, and I talk out about it, that can be considered hate speech currently. Utter madness. we need to be able to say what we think. What kind of mental society are we moving towards here? Orwellian as ****.

Vigilante justice is not the answer. Mob rule is not the answer. If you want to see these crimes reduced then the right thing to do is support policies to improve police funding, better community initiatives and social services to help children. Not to go around harassing innocent people and trying to impose guilt by association.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending