Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend searches girls on instagram and gets off from then and im not happy abou watch

My boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly a year now and he's two years older - Im 16 and he is 18. We both have each others instagram's so I can see everything on his. I went on to his explore page and came across his 'recent searches' which included girls accounts where they were practically half naked. This is not the first time I have seen this content on his account. I don't want to seem like a psychopathic girlfriend and I know that a lot of boys are like this but I can't help feeling hurt and like im not good enough.

I asked him about it and at first he acted like he had no idea about it and said that they were random however I know for a fact it only comes up on your 'recent searches' when you have physically clicked on others accounts. He then blamed his friends and said it was probably them. With further "interrogation" he then admitted that he searched most of them. I don't know whether im more hurt that he didn't just tell me the truth in the first place or that he has the need to actually search the girls up in the first place. Someone please give me some advice

ReputationRep:
    He was probably just trying to find something to **** over

I can relate :/ I got back with my boyfriend after 2 years and he is quite a lot older than me tbh which maybe made it worse in a way. But when i went to his instagram account i saw that he had followed a bunch of pages that post pics of half naked girls (only a bit older than i am). at first i was like well guys are guys etc. but then i found he also had these accounts on snapchat too. which i when i got really pssed off

we've broken up since then bc i found out he wasn't being honest about most things in our relationship. i lost trust in him so called off the relationship. i feel like once the trust is gone, you can't really get it back

i don't think youre overreacting and all guys are different. i want to be like 'guys are guys' but you just need to make sure he is being honest about everything else. my ex wasnt honest about anything x

ReputationRep:
    As a guy myself, I can’t stand it when I see guys lying to girls, no matter what it is. How are you possibly meant to build trust when the foundations are lies?

I would confront him on it, tell him how it makes you feel. Most importantly please know your worth as a young woman, and be brave and strong enough to say “lying isn’t okay with me, and I’ll walk away”.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I can relate :/ I got back with my boyfriend after 2 years and he is quite a lot older than me tbh which maybe made it worse in a way. But when i went to his instagram account i saw that he had followed a bunch of pages that post pics of half naked girls (only a bit older than i am). at first i was like well guys are guys etc. but then i found he also had these accounts on snapchat too. which i when i got really pssed off

we've broken up since then bc i found out he wasn't being honest about most things in our relationship. i lost trust in him so called off the relationship. i feel like once the trust is gone, you can't really get it back

i don't think youre overreacting and all guys are different. i want to be like 'guys are guys' but you just need to make sure he is being honest about everything else. my ex wasnt honest about anything x
    I'm so glad that im not the only one but im sorry to hear about that too :/ Overall I do think that my boyfriend is quite honest like all of my friends say to me that im the "guy" in the relationship. My boyfriend gets jealous so easily especially because we share accounts and thus he can see dms and things which I think is starting to rub off on me as I have started to get a bit more annoyed at things when usually im quite chill. I haven't been onto his snapchat so I wouldn't know if he has anything on there :/ He sent me massive long paragraphs about how they didn't mean anything and that im the only one he has eyes for but I said that I didn't want to talk to him and we haven't spoken in over a day which has been really hard because we talk like every second of the day. I just don't know if this is going to put a strain on our relationship

(Original post by Tinizel)
    As a guy myself, I can’t stand it when I see guys lying to girls, no matter what it is. How are you possibly meant to build trust when the foundations are lies?

I would confront him on it, tell him how it makes you feel. Most importantly please know your worth as a young woman, and be brave and strong enough to say “lying isn’t okay with me, and I’ll walk away”.
    Aw thank you for your reply I have confronted him about the searches but the constant lies just made me so angry. I haven't spoken to him since and I can't say that its been easy considering we talk all the time. He knows that I can walk away so easily and Im not the kind of girl to put up with his **** however I just don't know what to do anymore. I read up some posts about similar situations and most of the comments are just like "boys will be boys" and that "its just natural" but I think its disgusting if im honest and when its so open for me to see, I just think its horrible.

ReputationRep:
    The more I read these sorts of threads, the more I believe myself to be a God among men.

On-topic: He's a liar and it's your choice to stay with him or not. There's not much to be said about it.

(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    The more I read these sorts of threads, the more I believe myself to be a God among men.

On-topic: He's a liar and it's your choice to stay with him or not. There's not much to be said about it.
    aha according to my boyfriend he is also a god amongst men however im starting to believe otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you for your reply I have confronted him about the searches but the constant lies just made me so angry. I haven't spoken to him since and I can't say that its been easy considering we talk all the time. He knows that I can walk away so easily and Im not the kind of girl to put up with his **** however I just don't know what to do anymore. I read up some posts about similar situations and most of the comments are just like "boys will be boys" and that "its just natural" but I think its disgusting if im honest and when its so open for me to see, I just think its horrible.
    I hate the notion of “boys will be boys” fact of the matter is not all of are like that. It’s a shame so many guys feel entitled and don’t respect women enough to just be straight with them.

I never like to tell women what to do, but if your foundation is built on lies especially over something small, one can only imagine what he could lie about in the bigger picture.

I can only apologise for my gender, like seriously, so many boys out there need to wake the **** up and start treating women with respect.

ReputationRep:
    aha according to my boyfriend he is also a god amongst men however im starting to believe otherwise.
    I was joking and I was referring to the way some guys, A LOT of guys, seem to treat women. I usually have low self-esteem but when I read how other men treat their women, I think to myself "YOU, my man... YOU... you go, bro...".

ReputationRep:
    Mmm. Us humans are not surprisingly a complex minefield of prerogatives and emotions. Percieved dishonesty is upsetting and is a a huge barrier to successful relations between human beings. 'Boys will be boys' is a hugely significant factor in relationships and needs to be addressed honestly, but younger males are less likely to understand or intellectually assimilate their biological drivers, and are less aware of the need to discuss these imperatives in an honest way. Maybe encouragement to discuss these imperatives may be a way forward in many cases. Here's hoping. BTW I am male 55 years, if that is significant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graybags62)
    Mmm. Us humans are not surprisingly a complex minefield of prerogatives and emotions. Percieved dishonesty is upsetting and is a a huge barrier to successful relations between human beings. 'Boys will be boys' is a hugely significant factor in relationships and needs to be addressed honestly, but younger males are less likely to understand or intellectually assimilate their biological drivers, and are less aware of the need to discuss these imperatives in an honest way. Maybe encouragement to discuss these imperatives may be a way forward in many cases. Here's hoping. BTW I am male 55 years, if that is significant.
    We are usually very open about everything considering there's not a minute in the day that goes by where we do not talk to eachother however something that could've been easily addressed has been made a whole lot worse. As a young couple, we have both classed this as our first proper relationship as we are both aware of each others previous situations. In this case, I would've just hoped for more honesty.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL that is tragic

ReputationRep:
    have you tried being better looking?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.