Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sounds stupid but I'm clueless atm
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    if by that you mean the synthesis of proteins then it basically means the way in which proteins are synthesized, modified and regulated in living organism. In short the production of recombinant proteins in solution using biomolecular translation machinery which is taken from cells

do you want an explanation of the process itself or just a definition?

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes I meant for protein synthesis, just an explanation please because I'm going over my notes and can't seem to understand anything

ReputationRep:
    different combination of alleles (eg-from sister (homologous pair) OR artificially introduced (eg into a plasmid)) = 'recombinant' DNA

expression = the specific sequence of DNA (gene) being expressed (has phenotype)

therefore it must be the expression of the recombinant (edited) DNA/plasmid/chromosome (to produce a protein or other functional gene product)

https://cdn.kastatic.org/googleuserc...RmBaTDdsRuNONQ

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.