Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm applying for the DSA and I'm not sure if I'd be classified as a Physical Disability or a Long Term Condition. I asked my chiropractor but he says it's both so neither of us no what to put. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome which gives me chronic pain if that helps.

Also does anyone know how to find out if you're eligible for PIP? I asked my doctor who passed me onto social services, who passed me onto a different team who told me to ask student finance...
    I'm not interested in claiming benefits or registering as disabled it's just a question you have to answer and I think that I would be eligible but I don't know if there's any way to do it without actually claiming.

I would appreciate any help!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by fismth)
    Hi!

I'm applying for the DSA and I'm not sure if I'd be classified as a Physical Disability or a Long Term Condition. I asked my chiropractor but he says it's both so neither of us no what to put. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome which gives me chronic pain if that helps.

Also does anyone know how to find out if you're eligible for PIP? I asked my doctor who passed me onto social services, who passed me onto a different team who told me to ask student finance...
    I'm not interested in claiming benefits or registering as disabled it's just a question you have to answer and I think that I would be eligible but I don't know if there's any way to do it without actually claiming.

I would appreciate any help!
    Hi fismth,

When you apply for DSA you will need to send us evidence of your condition.

If you send a letter from a medical practitioner on headed paper confirming the diagnosis, explaining how it affects you on a daily basis and confirming that the condition is long term, likely to last twelve months or more this will be reviewed by the DSA team.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a benefit for people with a long-term health condition or impairment,

With regards to PIP, to make a claim you will have to telephone the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).

Thanks Rona

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.