Turn on thread page Beta

Someone please give me some advice seriously? watch

I want to do Amateur boxing, I have been training in boxing for 3 years now and I am 17 years old. The thing is though is that my mum does not want me doing it as she thinks that it will make me aggressive and have a bad attitude problem and that it will also distract me from education. However my dad is fine with me doing it. Any suggestions? I really love boxing, it is my favourite sport.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to do Amateur boxing, I have been training in boxing for 3 years now and I am 17 years old. The thing is though is that my mum does not want me doing it as she thinks that it will make me aggressive and have a bad attitude problem and that it will also distract me from education. However my dad is fine with me doing it. Any suggestions? I really love boxing, it is my favourite sport.
    I would say, sell it to her as a means of exercise and stress relief that will relieve your aggression so that it will make you less aggressive in your everyday life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So neither of them have expressed concern about the key issue: the risk of brain damage?

(Original post by DrSocSciences)
    So neither of them have expressed concern about the key issue: the risk of brain damage?
    You do know that in amateurs you wear headguards right?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just do it, considering that you love it so much and have already spent years practising. Considering that your father supports, it's unlikely that your mum can just force you to stop. Having an extracurricular activity won't (or at least shouldn't) distract you from your education either.

(Original post by HolyDiver)
    I think you should just do it, considering that you love it so much and have already spent years practising. Considering that your father supports, it's unlikely that your mum can just force you to stop. Having an extracurricular activity won't (or at least shouldn't) distract you from your education either.
    I need both parents to agree as I am still under 18 my trainer says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need both parents to agree as I am still under 18 my trainer says.
    Ah, that's issue. It may come down to you and your dad having to convince your mum that's it's a good idea. That or wait it out until your 18th so that you don't need her permission

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.