Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend to whom I am incredibly attached to.
    She's a year older than me and I'm incredibly in awe of because she's in upper sixth and is most definitely going to get triple A*, although we do not share any of the same subjects.
    She also basically got me through GCSEs. I have severe anxiety (diagnosed) and so this was a large struggle but I still just scraped into doing a levels at an incredibly good sixth form.
    She previously suffered from multiple problems which are all the same as mine, depression, anxiety and more- from which she escaped and is now the most confident person i've ever met and she helps me so much and she has made some of the anxiousness go with her experience on how to deal and cope and through her being so comfortable with me asking questions.
    But I'm getting too attached. I spend all the time I can with her, which is fine because she's one of my best friends and insists that it's fine that I do that, but I worry it's getting too intense (not that she has said anything about it) but I spend all day sitting with her and her friends just awkwardly because she makes me feel calmed.
    I spend most of the time without her thinking about when I'll next see her and if something happens and I don't (say she has to see a teacher at lunch or something) I get incredibly frustrated and upset and always anxious. Of course I can't have her be with me all the time though, I don't expect her to do that, I'm not her part time job, obviously. But when she does reply to my messages or when she talks to me, which don't get me wrong- is a lot of the time, I get so so so happy.
    Another issue lies in the fact that she'll soon go to a uni several hours away. Sure, I can visit but it's not every day quite obviously and I don't know if I can possibly do that.
    I worry I've got some form of separation anxiety, and if so do I tell her? Or is there something else it could be? I used to think it was a crush because it's that kind of stuff like excitement whenever I see her and going out of my way to do so and to talk to her and check my phone all the time to see if she's messaged me but I feel very uncomfortable with the idea of dating her.
    I've just never felt so infatuated with a friend. She's not even my best friend, that's another girl in my year- of which I share hardly any of the same feelings.
    I'm just a bit lost. If somebody knows what this could be could they say please.

ReputationRep:
    It’s tough to know… it could be a crush? Are you attracted to her/act differently towards her than to other people? Are you questioning your sexuality (I’m assuming you’re female)? Or maybe you’re just spending so much time with her that you think it is? I don’t know sorry, I’m sure you’ll figure it out
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemuffin)
    It’s tough to know… it could be a crush? Are you attracted to her/act differently towards her than to other people? Are you questioning your sexuality (I’m assuming you’re female)? Or maybe you’re just spending so much time with her that you think it is? I don’t know sorry, I’m sure you’ll figure it out
    Yeah I am female and I'm unsure if it's a crush. I do act differently towards her I suppose but I'm unsure of how really but I guess I can see it. Hm, maybe it's just one of those things that'll go unsolved!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.