Turn on thread page Beta

fan girl? how long does it take? watch

basically i'm just wondering how long it takes to get over a guy u adore through social media. basically when I was about 12 I legit started fan girling over this boy( I aint gunna state his name) but hes not THAT famous. about 800k followers on insta. atm. (nd hes a singer but he dont do the usual music) anyways I stopped fan girling after awhile coz I know its kinda childish. anyways im 16 now and im still attracted to this guy. I still stalk him bares and that and im 16 like wth. its been about 4 years now. not a day goes past that I don't. and hes not even like REAL. well yeah he his but not like in MY LIFE. Basically I just wanna get over him but I don't know how.worst of ALL I don't find any guys in real life attractive (which is kinda good coz I aint planning on being in a relationship...YET )due to religious reasons but there is obviously gunna be a time when I need to so yeah. this probs just sounds like its coming from an immature 16 year old fan girl but seriously it aint. ive tried everything to stop. anyways if this sounds stupid then u don't have to reply. just thought SOMEONE out there may be able to relate?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    basically i'm just wondering how long it takes to get over a guy u adore through social media. basically when I was about 12 I legit started fan girling over this boy( I aint gunna state his name) but hes not THAT famous. about 800k followers on insta. atm. (nd hes a singer but he dont do the usual music) anyways I stopped fan girling after awhile coz I know its kinda childish. anyways im 16 now and im still attracted to this guy. I still stalk him bares and that and im 16 like wth. its been about 4 years now. not a day goes past that I don't. and hes not even like REAL. well yeah he his but not like in MY LIFE. Basically I just wanna get over him but I don't know how.worst of ALL I don't find any guys in real life attractive (which is kinda good coz I aint planning on being in a relationship...YET )due to religious reasons but there is obviously gunna be a time when I need to so yeah. this probs just sounds like its coming from an immature 16 year old fan girl but seriously it aint. ive tried everything to stop. anyways if this sounds stupid then u don't have to reply. just thought SOMEONE out there may be able to relate?
    This will be completely different for different people, sounds like you have a bit of an obsession. Maybe just unfollow him and just stop checking his pages etc, how hard can it be?

ReputationRep:
    You're still young, and its normal that you become infatuated with singer. When I was 16 I loved Justin Bieber lol and as I got older, like around 17-18, It started to fade away since my interests also started to change. Give it a couple of months and as you start to mature more, than that crush will fade away and you'll laugh about it in a few years

(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    This will be completely different for different people, sounds like you have a bit of an obsession. Maybe just unfollow him and just stop checking his pages etc, how hard can it be?
    like I said I've tried everything. lol I done that too but I still seem to be checking everyday. yeah maybe I do have an obsession. I dunno how to get out of it. I need to have made self discipline I guees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    ^ That, but also block/mute the guy so you can't see his usual stuff at all.

like I said I've tried everything. lol I done that too but I still seem to be checking everyday. yeah maybe I do have an obsession. I dunno how to get out of it. I need to have made self discipline I guees.
    Mad self discipline I guess*

(Original post by alicesmiloves)
    You're still young, and its normal that you become infatuated with singer. When I was 16 I loved Justin Bieber lol and as I got older, like around 17-18, It started to fade away since my interests also started to change. Give it a couple of months and as you start to mature more, than that crush will fade away and you'll laugh about it in a few years
    I really hope so...coz this has been on going since I was 12 and I don't even find normal guys attractive no more. I think my expectations have risen too high lmao.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope so...coz this has been on going since I was 12 and I don't even find normal guys attractive no more. I think my expectations have risen too high lmao.
    It happens lol, I understand you on the high expectations, but trust me it will begin to fade, especially once you're out of school and working, you'll start to see guys around you become more attractive because they're real (not that the guy you like isn't) and you'll start to view other things attractive, like a hard working guy, a compassionate guy, etc. Give it time and you'll be fine and focus on other things that don't have to do with your idol crush.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.