Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've currently had my maths mock exams consisting of all 3 papers,and I didn't do so well,my teacher has told me it is now best to do foundation however I still have a choice to do higher but it'll mean I'll have to work ten times harder.my issue now is which tier to do.My exam board is edexcel and I've been studying the higher tier for only a couple of months as I was studying the foundation course in year 10.From my previous higher results I have not done so well and I'm not sure I can achieve a 6 in time,however I know I can achieve a 5 easily in foundation but I really want to achieve more than that.Can anyone recommend what is the best tier to do now and how I can achieve a decent grade in time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyyear11)
    I've currently had my maths mock exams consisting of all 3 papers,and I didn't do so well,my teacher has told me it is now best to do foundation however I still have a choice to do higher but it'll mean I'll have to work ten times harder.my issue now is which tier to do.My exam board is edexcel and I've been studying the higher tier for only a couple of months as I was studying the foundation course in year 10.From my previous higher results I have not done so well and I'm not sure I can achieve a 6 in time,however I know I can achieve a 5 easily in foundation but I really want to achieve more than that.Can anyone recommend what is the best tier to do now and how I can achieve a decent grade in time
    Do HIGHER TIER. Foundation's not worth it. To get better, simply practice lots of questions and do the past papers fro your exam board. You can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehru1214)
    Do HIGHER TIER. Foundation's not worth it. To get better, simply practice lots of questions and do the past papers fro your exam board. You can do it!
    Thanks but is it still worth a try even though I've been getting really bad grades in the higher mocks.Also the main reason I didn't do well was because I didn't allocate much time to revise for maths since I had other exams on the same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyyear11)
    Thanks but is it still worth a try even though I've been getting really bad grades in the higher mocks.Also the main reason I didn't do well was because I didn't allocate much time to revise for maths since I had other exams on the same day
    Trust me it is worth it. The grade boundaries anyway will probably be lower, and with practice you can easily get a 6 or a 7!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehru1214)
    Trust me it is worth it. The grade boundaries anyway will probably be lower, and with practice you can easily get a 6 or a 7!
    Which tier are you doing ?and how are you finding it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.