Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm an international applicant and was recently accepted to UEL. I was excited until...I went on TSR and saw a bunch of hate for the university.

I'm wondering whether it's worth it? I got accepted to the the third year of a BA program. I've gotten a few offers for 2nd year at other unis, and being international, I'm looking to save money, so just wondering whether UEL is worth it in the long run?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by zippy268)
    Hey! I'm an international applicant and was recently accepted to UEL. I was excited until...I went on TSR and saw a bunch of hate for the university.

I'm wondering whether it's worth it? I got accepted to the the third year of a BA program. I've gotten a few offers for 2nd year at other unis, and being international, I'm looking to save money, so just wondering whether UEL is worth it in the long run?
    How did you choose UEL?

If you want to save money then head north. London is very expensive and imo not all its sometimes cracked up to be. Plenty of unis will offer top up programs. Use the ucas search tool.

ReputationRep:
    I've only attended one university as a student (UEL) so I can't give a comparison with other universities however I have no major complaints or issues with UEL as a university.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.