Turn on thread page Beta

OKAY so basically. i'm 16. sitting my gcses in may. I've decided I wanna do an apprenticeship after school. but this is the problem. the apprenticeship I've applied to which is in a nursery has only one vacancy available which means if I do get accepted then i'll be the only one who is young apprentice. the apprenticeship that I;ve applied to is all based on work. I don't need to go college or anything. meaning no written assessments. just mainly analysing. which is why I love it but its made me realise ill probs have no friends. I wont make new ones as no-one will be there my age and the old ones will be busy to meet up. u may suggest doing something on the side ( such as join a club i'm interested in) but it will get tiring as it is 30 hours a week and im already thinking of joining this language cluib thing coz I wanna learn a certain language but even that its 16+ which means chances are that there will be elderly. basically im depressed as to thinking of the fact that i'll have no friends. like EVERY teenager needs one. ps: oh yeah also when i'm older I don't wanna work in a nursery. I wanna work with the youth such as a youth advisor but I kinda have to work my way up the ladder. starting with little kids first as me my self I am still in the youth years.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OKAY so basically. i'm 16. sitting my gcses in may. I've decided I wanna do an apprenticeship after school. but this is the problem. the apprenticeship I've applied to which is in a nursery has only one vacancy available which means if I do get accepted then i'll be the only one who is young apprentice. the apprenticeship that I;ve applied to is all based on work. I don't need to go college or anything. meaning no written assessments. just mainly analysing. which is why I love it but its made me realise ill probs have no friends. I wont make new ones as no-one will be there my age and the old ones will be busy to meet up. u may suggest doing something on the side ( such as join a club i'm interested in) but it will get tiring as it is 30 hours a week and im already thinking of joining this language cluib thing coz I wanna learn a certain language but even that its 16+ which means chances are that there will be elderly. basically im depressed as to thinking of the fact that i'll have no friends. like EVERY teenager needs one. ps: oh yeah also when i'm older I don't wanna work in a nursery. I wanna work with the youth such as a youth advisor but I kinda have to work my way up the ladder. starting with little kids first as me my self I am still in the youth years.
    1. You havent been offered it yet.
    2. You dont have to lose touch with existing friends.
    3. You do have time to do other activities in the evening to make friends.
    4. You could also see what youth qualifications there are.
    5. Consider doing some of the courses offered by princes trust.
    https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/hel...ple/programmes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.