Consectatrix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to choose my firm and insurance, it's between two uni's and I'm struggling to choose.

I have a conditional offer of B at Higher or C at Advanced Higher for University of Strathclyde. This is the uni I want to firm as I am able to drive there i.e I don't need accommodation, and the course is great, I went to an applicant day and really liked the uni and the people there.

I also have a conditional offer of A at Higher at the University of Stirling. I quite a way off from Stirling so I'd have to get accommodation. I haven't been to an applicant day but my friend has and she says it's amazing. I really like the course as well.

My problem is the fact that my folks don't seem to think I'd be able to get a job in Stirling to pay for accommodation on top of juggling it with university life. I also don't know how I'm supposed to choose between which one to firm - If I firm Stirling and I meet the higher conditions than that of Strathclyde then I have to go there. I've been told that you MUST make your firm the university with the higher offer.

What do?
Consectatrix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'd like to add that I'm leaning towards the side of going to Strathclyde (depending on if I meet my conditions) but the firm/insurance thing is worrying and confusing me. I know I have till the 3rd of May, but still.
Maivnek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you meet the conditions for your firm, you have to go there. Firm the university which you like the best and where you would ultimately want to end up. If you'd rather go to Strathclyde I don't see why you wouldn't firm Strathclyde.

If you were someone else and wanted to go to Stirling, then you would firm Stirling hoping to get the required grades, but still have Strathclyde as your backup. In your situation, you can just forget about an insurance choice, since the conditions of your firm are easier to meet.

If you'd rather go to Strathclyde, firm Strathclyde and have Stirling as your insurance (even though you won't get admitted into Stirling in any case)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (688)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (865)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (389)
19.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads