Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I realise this is just going to come off as me being entitled but I am a little annoyed about this. At the beginning of the year my teacher essentially forced me to target an A1, she only let one other kid target an A in our class so she was hardly handing them out like candy. So I get through the year doing pretty well, all of my essays bar one got 19 or 20 with one getting 13/20 due to family matters forcing me to be away and very busy when we were meant to be revising for it. I should note out teacher did not start R.U.A.E. until after Christmas but I picked up on it fairly quickly. We get given working grades before prelims and she put me at an A2, I can understand this given that my 13/20 was our most recent essay and she may have been apprehensive to put me at an A1. So in our January prelim I get 97%, 29/30 in R.U.A.E., 19/20 in the Scottish Text and 20/20 in the Critical Essay, obviously I was extactic at this result and she was very happy for me. Then in March for a lot of our subjects we do a second prelim, this time in English I get 96%, 29/30 in R.U.A.E., 18/20 in Scottish Text and 20/20 for the Critical Essay again she was very pleased. Today we got our new working grades and she has still put me at an A2 for English.

Am I being childish and not trusting her judgement or do you disagree with her?

I should note she was very happy with both portfolio essays although I would do my reflective one again.

Also I am aware there is no difference between a 1 and a 2 but this just seems more frustrating than anything.

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume that your teacher may be "playing it safe", however you yourself know that you got pretty amazing results so even if you are down as an A2, you can still tell your parents/know your actual level. What they seem to be doing is guarding all points, although with your results I can't see how they'd be worried, perhaps to accommodate for the different styles of marking the folio markers may have.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.