Turn on thread page Beta

Being picked on for my hair, please help!😭 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I’m 14, with strawberry blonde hair. I used to have really blonde hair when I was a bit younger.

People at school have been saying things like ‘ginger ninja’ and ‘gingers don’t get anywhere in life’ and this upsets me because I do have slightly ginger hair and a child shouldn’t have to hear this, my brothers hair is pure ginger and I remember when he was younger he used to come home crying because of mean comments.

I dont want to dye my hair or change it because of these people at school but it’s making me lose all confidence, what is wrong with ginger hair? I don’t get the joke. It’s a colour of hair why should it define me please help me 💜

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is wrong with it? People dye their hair to get anywhere to strawberry blonde. Anyone who's making fun of you is probably jealous. Besides, they're kids and they don't know what they're talking about, they think making fun of people makes them cool which I hope you know is not. You're much better than they are! So please don't feel any less confident!

ReputationRep:
    Same here, people are morons and will try to find anything to divide each other, and sadly that's just how it is. It's been like that for my whole life and i've even had multiple instances of complete strangers yelling at me from across the street to tell me that i'm ginger (no sh*t sherlock). All i can say is stay strong, and HOPEFULLY things will get a little better like they did for me, i haven't really been insulted like that for a while and i'm at the end of secondary school so i guess people just stop caring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJK97)
    Nothing is wrong with it? People dye their hair to get anywhere to strawberry blonde. Anyone who's making fun of you is probably jealous. Besides, they're kids and they don't know what they're talking about, they think making fun of people makes them cool which I hope you know is not. You're much better than they are! So please don't feel any less confident!
    Thank you so much for support !👍🏻

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.