Turn on thread page Beta

I'm an immoral person watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Muslim, and I got in some situations that were sins now I have no faith and question islam so much.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't make yourself miserable. Your happiness comes first. If you'd be happier not being religious then go for it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    read the Koran WITH MEANING

don't judge a book by criticism from people who've never read it before
    I was kind of in your place so I can relate- just do your best not to blindly follow others like sheep (I'm referring to all those morons who refer to themselves as an ex muslim and say stuff like 'ooh it wasn't rational' and then come on TSR to say retarded things such as 'what did it mean when the boy I have a crush at me looked towards me'

also chances are you're southeast asian - believe me the culture doesn't represent Islam

ReputationRep:
    Being immoral isn't a bad thing... relax
    I don't believe in morality (like others do) itself so dw dw

Spoiler:
    Show

The only morality I draw upon is from the Quran so technically I do believe in it, but not the same morality that most people live their life off of

No matter how bad of a sin you committed, in hadiths and the Quran it says that god is the most merciful and that you can be forgiven for the worst sins as long as you repent sincerely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Don't make yourself miserable. Your happiness comes first. If you'd be happier not being religious then go for it.
    Bruh don't push your presumptions on him/her
    How do you know that happiness comes first to him/her?
    Don't tell him/her what comes first for him/her lmao

ReputationRep:
    Religion cannot take away sin.

Getting the nature of God by receiving His Spirit gives you something better than sin.

"A new heart".

Religion is about what you can do or what you go without, relationship is about allowing God to be God, to do what you cannot do.

Now you have 2 choices:

(a) guilty sinner

(b) freed son/daughter of God.

ReputationRep:
    Just decide what you think is best, what will make you a lot happier or confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasmin058)
    I'm a Muslim, and I got in some situations that were sins now I have no faith and question islam so much.
    Al Quraan (39:53) "Tell them, (O Prophet): My servants who have committed excesses against themselves, do not despair of Allah's Mercy. Surely Allah forgives all sins. He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Ibn Kathir goes on to explain; this does not mean that Allah forgives all sins without repentance, but Allah Himself has explained in the following verses that sins are forgiven only when the sinner turns to Allah's worship and service and adopts obedience to the message sent down by Him. As a matter of fact, this verse brought a message of hope for those people who had committed mortal sins like murder, adultery, theft, robbery, etc. in the days of ignorance, and had despaired whether they would ever be forgiven. To them it has been said: "Do not despair of Allah's mercy: whatever you might have done in the past, if you sincerely turn to your Lord's obedience, you will be forgiven every sin."

ReputationRep:
    As long as your actions are within the bounds of the law, I don't give a ****.

ReputationRep:
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to live a sin free life, no one can.

God knows this and that is why salvation is free. The gift to us of salvation is because of God's grace. God's grace is allowing us to have something we don't deserve, therefore we cannot work for our salvation.

Remember - Allah who doesn't love the sinners or unbelievers, that's why you feel condemned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to live a sin free life, no one can.

God knows this and that is why salvation is free. The gift to us of salvation is because of God's grace. God's grace is allowing us to have something we don't deserve, therefore we cannot work for our salvation.

Remember - Allah who doesn't love the sinners or unbelievers, that's why you feel condemned.
    You know, you can be moral without following the order of a warlord who wrote a book about 1400 years ago...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Winston_)
    You know, you can be moral without following the order of a warlord who wrote a book about 1400 years ago...
    Swear churchill was also a warlord... bumb

ReputationRep:
    religion defined morality just so you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    Swear churchill was also a warlord... bumb
    He was a politician who was fighting a war, dude. He didn't start it.

ReputationRep:
    It may have, but tonnes of genuine acts of kindness have been performed without the influence of a holy book.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Even if it were true, it doesn't define the full extent of common morality now - it is independent from religion.

ReputationRep:
    I’m a Muslim too and I commit sins as it’s not possible to be perfect. That’s why Allah SWT doesn’t expect us to be perfect 🌸 Allah SWT will love you more if you ask forgiveness for the sins you commit:
    “Allah doesn’t judge you on how bad you have been in the past, But rather on how good you strive to be now”.
    Turn to Allah SWT ❤️ I know it’s difficult as you feel you’ll never be forgiven but how could you assume that until you have even tried to ask for forgiveness. You never know you might have sincerely asked for forgiveness and you have already been forgiven as Allah SWT is the most Forgiving and Caring.
    If you want you can message me on TSR and I would love to talk to you, you don’t need to go through your journey alone. It’s difficult to be a religious person, you could ask any Muslim, Christian, Jewish person but it’s the most beautiful feeling too. To know you can turn to Allah SWT when you have no one as he’s really the only one who truly cares for us 💛 Yor sins are hidden for a reason if he wanted he could have revealed them to the world but he hasn’t 🎀 keep them a secret 🌺

ReputationRep:
    It may have, but tonnes of genuine acts of kindness have been performed without the influence of a holy book.
    But we can only call them good because that was how religion defined it originally. When they separated religion and state, the rules/laws of religion was still there.

Religion had a lot of influence over our some of our current laws, that much cannot be denied in the eyes of an historian.

(Original post by k.n.h.)
    Really? Even if it were true, it doesn't define the full extent of common morality now - it is independent from religion.
    I agree it doesn't in most countries now, but it totally did in the past.

ReputationRep:
    yooo
    im Areena n im a muslim 2.
    dont worry about It mann. acc its quite normal 4 ppl to question n stuff. dont worry, my sis always asks: how do we know if Allah is the right god, how do we know if Islam is the correct religion and not christianity or hinduism.
    u just need 2 turn to Allah n he will guide u
    if u still r not content, do research n stuff
    hope this helps
    areena
    xxx
    btw u have a beautiful name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ningamaniac)
    read the Koran WITH MEANING

don't judge a book by criticism from people who've never read it before
    I was kind of in your place so I can relate- just do your best not to blindly follow others like sheep (I'm referring to all those morons who refer to themselves as an ex muslim and say stuff like 'ooh it wasn't rational' and then come on TSR to say retarded things such as 'what did it mean when the boy I have a crush at me looked towards me'

also chances are you're southeast asian - believe me the culture doesn't represent Islam
    >reason for editing: cancer

I think you missed it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.