Turn on thread page Beta

So I'm seeing this guy, we are basically dating minus the titles. We like each other a lot and spend a lot of time together, the only problem is I feel he is too perfect or me, we are too perfect for each other and that scares me because I've been heartbroken before, and its like, I'm waiting for it to fall apart, but the worse thing is I have become attatched, and I feel like I may actually love him and although we haven't said it to each other I can FEEL it from him. And I'm scared, because what if it all goes wrong? I had a relationship of 2 years which went dw the drain, the guy was psychologically abusive and I found it extremely hard to believe, since then its been difficult for me to open up but with this guy I feel so free, but the fear of the same thing happening again keeps creeping up my shoulder and I can't help but be afraid of all the can go wrong...I really want to be with this guy forever but I just DONT KNOW. HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm seeing this guy, we are basically dating minus the titles. We like each other a lot and spend a lot of time together, the only problem is I feel he is too perfect or me, we are too perfect for each other and that scares me because I've been heartbroken before, and its like, I'm waiting for it to fall apart, but the worse thing is I have become attatched, and I feel like I may actually love him and although we haven't said it to each other I can FEEL it from him. And I'm scared, because what if it all goes wrong? I had a relationship of 2 years which went dw the drain, the guy was psychologically abusive and I found it extremely hard to believe, since then its been difficult for me to open up but with this guy I feel so free, but the fear of the same thing happening again keeps creeping up my shoulder and I can't help but be afraid of all the can go wrong...I really want to be with this guy forever but I just DONT KNOW. HELP
    jist enjoy being with him and do what you can to make it last for as long as you love him and are happy with him.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    After a hard break up, it can be hard to trust another person again, I get that. Think of it like this, you got yourself out of the other relationship and you deserve to find happiness. You can't have that doubt plague you because it'll start to ruin your future relationships. I understand that we can't always be too comfortable with things because life happens and bang, bad things happen but you have to be willing to gamble it if you want to be happy. Go with the flow and see where it takes you, and don't be afraid, sometimes one has to go through something bad to get to the good stuff. You won't know until you give it a chance. Be happy with him and see where it goes. Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.