The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student2416
Does anyone know the Unit 2 Russia 1894-1941 questions from A Level last year? Or any predictions for this year?

10 Markers- A) Which of these was more important in the introduction of NEP- 1921 Kronstadt Rising or Famine in the Countryside.
B) Which of these was more important in the overthrow of the Provisional Government in November 1917- Actions of Lenin, The Kornilov Coup

20 Markers (I think, Its words to this effect essentially)- A) The First World War was the most important factor in the overthrow of Nicholas II, How far do you agree?
B) 'The purges were the most important reason that Stalin was able to keep power' How far do you agree?
Reply 21
Any predictions for the French Revolution and Napoleon?
For anybody doing Unit Y221/01: Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany: 1919-1963, here are the questions from the 2017 sitting. :woo:

Question 1a) Which of the following had a greater influence on the recovery of Weimar Germany from 1924-29?

i) Stresemann's Leadership
ii) The influence of the USA

Question 2a) With which social group did the Nazis have greater success in imposing their ideals in the years 1933-39?

i) The Youth
ii) The Women

Question 1b) How successful was the Nazi Economic Policy in the years 1933-1939?

Question 2b) The Foreign Policy of the Federal Republic of Germany was its greatest success under the leadership of Konrad Adenauer in the years 1949-1963. How far do you agree?

Whilst these questions will not come up this year, elements such as the Economic Policy under Hitler or the Foreign Policy under Adenauer could still be introduced under a much broader question. (i.e, a Question that allows you to make a judgement on Adenauer's Chancellorship under multiple criteria. Make sure you're still aware of the key elements, don't abandon it completely.)

For anybody taking this course, I'd highly advise you to revise the early years of the German Democratic Republic (East Germany), since there has not been a single question on that in the previous years. So make sure you learn your 1953 Berlin Uprising, Ulbricht's Consolidation and your Berlin Wall! (if you don't like East Germany, you could always opt for the other question block anyways.) :yep:
Original post by rockboy421
I'm doing Russia in 1894-1941 if anyone needs help?

I am too, how is your revision coming along?
Anyone have any predictions for the cold war in Asia?
I think Vietnam 20 marker and a 10 marker on Japan. Idk I have a feeling but I have not started revising yet
Original post by WebsiteDuBois
I am too, how is your revision coming along?

Alright hopefully! I wrote a revision book for my self with all the notes in so hopefully its alright
Hey I was wondering if you have any useful resources or possible exam questions that can come up. If you have any resources that are useful and helpful in answering the questions. Can you please post them
Hey, if you have any useful resources that can help me answer essays can you please post them or send them to me.
Original post by rockboy421
I'm doing Russia in 1894-1941 if anyone needs help?

Hey if oh have any useful resources that can help me answer essay questions or any type of helpful work. Can you please send it or post it
Bumping this pre-exam, good luck everybody! This may only be an hour but don’t pressure yourself! Leave approximately 20 minutes for question 1 and 40 for the other :smile:

For some, this may be your last A-Level exam. This is only the final hurdle XD
Original post by yaydoughnuts
Anyone have any predictions for the cold war in Asia?

How did you find it?
Original post by Evilstr99
Bumping this pre-exam, good luck everybody! This may only be an hour but don’t pressure yourself! Leave approximately 20 minutes for question 1 and 40 for the other :smile:

For some, this may be your last A-Level exam. This is only the final hurdle XD

Hey do you still remember stuff from last year and say my answer is okay roughly lmao sorry XD? Oh welp you do Russia right. Mine is different.
(edited 5 years ago)
Did Russia 1894 to 1941.
Question 2 was a blessing omg. So good.
Cold War in Asia was terrible
Original post by EnchantedPizza
Did Russia 1894 to 1941.
Question 2 was a blessing omg. So good.

yeah russia was amazing today . question 2 was god sent 🤙🏻🤙🏻
Germany D+D 1919-64 was excellent. The German Democratic Republic came up as the 20 mark XD
Original post by Sadkkunt
Hey do you still remember stuff from last year and say my answer is okay roughly lmao sorry XD? Oh welp you do Russia right. Mine is different.

I did Russia as my Thematic Unit. Germany was my Non-British Unit if that’s what you meant.
Original post by Evilstr99
I did Russia as my Thematic Unit. Germany was my Non-British Unit if that’s what you meant.

OH awesome, just wondering how much did you write? Because I think I did way too little, writing 2 pages for the 10 marker and like 4 pages for the 20
Original post by Sadkkunt
Cold War in Asia was terrible

What do you mean? I found it pretty easy? I did Q1a and 1b. What did you find terrible about it?

Latest

Trending

Trending