Turn on thread page Beta

Is my revision technique effective? watch

ReputationRep:
    I’ve started making new revision mind-maps as I go along through my textbooks, I was wondering if this is wise or should I not revise for now and just wait until I’ve finished my mind-maps?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    while you are making mindmaps you are still revising the content also i think mind maps are great they work well for me personally

ReputationRep:
    its great but that will probably get you a C at best. You need to be applying your knowledge and thats by exam papers/past papers everday till the exam date. Thats how your gonna get higher grades. people who get A* are the ones that have been doing past papers since december/january.

ReputationRep:
    mind maps are good because you're combining verbal and non-verbal information so it's easier to remember things later on.

But yes, the best way to revise is to answer questions. Past exams are brilliant but you can also try Seneca Learning (free) and Tassomai (not free). These are interactive websites with loads and loads of questions and you get immediate feedback

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LarissaAlves)
    mind maps are good because you're combining verbal and non-verbal information so it's easier to remember things later on.

But yes, the best way to revise is to answer questions. Past exams are brilliant but you can also try Seneca Learning (free) and Tassomai (not free). These are interactive websites with loads and loads of questions and you get immediate feedback
    Do these sites provide a level?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithyboy9900)
    Do these sites provide a level?
    no, only GCSE

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.