Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Currently in year 12 and contemplating if I should do an Epq. I’ve already given in the initial plan and I chose the question “Can psychology explain terrorism”? It’s an topic I absolutely love , and I’m currently doing psychology, sociology and modern Hebrew and was hoping to go to UCL and do security and crime science or psychology. The EPQ would be good for either but I’m not sure if it worth doing . Anyone that has done an EPQ do you think it has helped you get into UCL or any uni? UCL don’t require any work experience as I was thinking of volunteering for the police when I turn 18 , but I’m just not sure what to do because I know it’ll take up a lot of time and I really don’t want to present I have a fear.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No idea, but I'm similar. I do psychology, sociology and biology and I LOVE crime and psychology! I want to be a criminal or forensic psychologist in the future. Your title sounds interesting, someone in my class is doing something extremely similar.

As you read more literature, I think you will change your title to focus it on something more specific - mine focuses on a particular serial killer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether it actually gives you an advantage but when applying to a competitive university something has to be a deciding factor. If you have the grades an EPQ could be that factor. I found with mine that it was a nice break from the rest of my alevel work because it was a topic I loved. Don't worry too much about the presentation either. I can't even speak in front of my class without going red and shaking but they but there's not many people there and it's more like one sided chat than a very formal presentation. If you think you can balance it I would definitely recommend it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traore)
    No idea, but I'm similar. I do psychology, sociology and biology and I LOVE crime and psychology! I want to be a criminal or forensic psychologist in the future. Your title sounds interesting, someone in my class is doing something extremely similar.

As you read more literature, I think you will change your title to focus it on something more specific - mine focuses on a particular serial killer.
    Yeah I absolutely love it ! Did you do an EPQ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissMathsxo)
    I'm not sure whether it actually gives you an advantage but when applying to a competitive university something has to be a deciding factor. If you have the grades an EPQ could be that factor. I found with mine that it was a nice break from the rest of my alevel work because it was a topic I loved. Don't worry too much about the presentation either. I can't even speak in front of my class without going red and shaking but they but there's not many people there and it's more like one sided chat than a very formal presentation. If you think you can balance it I would definitely recommend it
    But I’m not great at essays, as in I am able to produce a good essay, but it doesn’t come naturally to me and I’m in our school they have an evening where they present all the EPQ’s and loads of parents and families come , and just thinking about it gives me anxiety. I’m scared I’ll regret not doing one but then I thought that if I join the police that would maybe make me stand out abit and show my love for the topic. Ahhh I don’t know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellieba)
    Yeah I absolutely love it ! Did you do an EPQ?
    Yeah I'm doing mine right now, the deadline for mine is about 2 months away.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing mine right now, the deadline for mine is about 2 months away.
    What are u planning on doing in uni ??

ReputationRep:
    What are u planning on doing in uni ??
    Psychology or Criminology and Psychology I think. Not sure though.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology or Criminology and Psychology I think. Not sure though.
    Ohhh right I’m thinking of doing the same . Are u in year 13?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh right I’m thinking of doing the same . Are u in year 13?
    I'm year 12 like you!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.