University of York or Nottingham? Watch

johnwilliam1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, i'm mixed between the uni of York or Nottingham to study Finance, Accounting and Management BSc. Do you have any advise? experience? or perhaps your own opinion of the credibility out of the two.
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by johnwilliam1)
Hi, i'm mixed between the uni of York or Nottingham to study Finance, Accounting and Management BSc. Do you have any advise? experience? or perhaps your own opinion of the credibility out of the two.
Take a look at the two courses and see which one appeals to you the most. Same for the location.

York has a collegiate structure of sorts (no teaching goes on) so might be better if you're into sports.
johnwilliam1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Take a look at the two courses and see which one appeals to you the most. Same for the location.

York has a collegiate structure of sorts (no teaching goes on) so might be better if you're into sports.
Hi thanks for your reply, what do you mean no teaching goes on? I have looked at the stats and twice as many students get a first in York than Nottingham so this doesn't make sense?
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi thanks for your reply, what do you mean no teaching goes on? I have looked at the stats and twice as many students get a first in York than Nottingham so this doesn't make sense?
As in no teaching goes on in the colleges, unlike Oxbridge
johnwilliam1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
As in no teaching goes on in the colleges, unlike Oxbridge
Is teaching supposed to happen inside the colleges? I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean?
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is teaching supposed to happen inside the colleges? I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean?
Argh I shouldn't have gotten into the whole colleges thing

So at Oxbridge you have tutorials going on within colleges i.e. on the grounds of where you live

At York, you also have colleges, but no tutorials go on there and it's purely for accommodation. All teaching etc. is done on campus like other universities.

The reason why I brought up the whole system is that if you are sporty, you might like the collegiate system at York due to a sense of belonging if that makes sense.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise