Turn on thread page Beta

20 mark 3 sources question help watch

ReputationRep:
    I need help with how to structure a 20 mark, 3 sources question, the exam board is OCR and the unit is

Unit Y138 Enquiry Topic: The Execution of Charles I and the Interregnum 1646–1660 (The failure to achieve a settlement 1646–1649)

The question is:
    using the three sources in their historical context, assess how far they support the view that the levellers were dangerous extremists for their time

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm doing OCR too but just doing A2 (where we have to do a 30 marker with 4 sources) so hopefully I can be of help, although I understand it may not be fully applicable (plus it has been a while since your original post so you may no longer need any help).

I have been taught to structure it:
    1. Introduction - around 2 sentences about how you will group the sources (e.g. A and B support, but C does not) - although you do not have to do an introduction as it is not marked
    2. Then do a paragraph for each source, doing the agree one(s) next to each other and the disagree one(s) next to each other. For each source you should do:
    - Interpretation = what the source is saying and whether it agrees or disagrees with the question
    - Evaluation with provenance = who wrote it, when it was written / published, etc ; but making sure that you say how this affects the reliability or how convincing the source is
    - Evaluation with own knowledge = links with what said above and is essentially expanding on it (e.g. what the levellers were doing at the time the source was created)

3. Conclusion - overall judgement and which source(s) you thought were most convincing and why.

I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    thank you makes more sense!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.