I need help with how to structure a 20 mark, 3 sources question, the exam board is OCR and the unit is
Unit Y138 Enquiry Topic: The Execution of Charles I and the Interregnum 1646–1660 (The failure to achieve a settlement 1646–1649)
The question is:
using the three sources in their historical context, assess how far they support the view that the levellers were dangerous extremists for their time
Turn on thread page Beta
20 mark 3 sources question help watch
- Thread Starter
- 14-03-2018 21:56
- 06-04-2018 12:13
Hi! I'm doing OCR too but just doing A2 (where we have to do a 30 marker with 4 sources) so hopefully I can be of help, although I understand it may not be fully applicable (plus it has been a while since your original post so you may no longer need any help).
I have been taught to structure it:
1. Introduction - around 2 sentences about how you will group the sources (e.g. A and B support, but C does not) - although you do not have to do an introduction as it is not marked
2. Then do a paragraph for each source, doing the agree one(s) next to each other and the disagree one(s) next to each other. For each source you should do:
- Interpretation = what the source is saying and whether it agrees or disagrees with the question
- Evaluation with provenance = who wrote it, when it was written / published, etc ; but making sure that you say how this affects the reliability or how convincing the source is
- Evaluation with own knowledge = links with what said above and is essentially expanding on it (e.g. what the levellers were doing at the time the source was created)
3. Conclusion - overall judgement and which source(s) you thought were most convincing and why.
I hope this helps!
- Thread Starter
- 22-04-2018 11:52
thank you makes more sense!