Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone need motivation to do schoolwork? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ 1 _)
    When I'm feeling de-motivated I open up AutoTrader, query up my dream car, look at the price - there's my motivation.
    priorities in order

ReputationRep:
    i messed up my recent chemistry mock (AS) now idk if i can comeback from this , need help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    i messed up my recent chemistry mock (AS) now idk if i can comeback from this , need help
    You can come back from this. A levels seem to be ridiculously hard, with a c being an equivalent to gcse A*. Everyone says chemistry is hardest in the first year, and you improve in application for the exam questions in the next year. Mocks are mocks for a reason, to practice you and prepare you. Now you need to identify your mistakes. Have you heard of MARKCS?
    Maths
    Application
    Read the question
    Knowledge
    Communication
    Statements
    Look at your previous work, identify what you know and don’t know, and talk to a teacher. You still have time.
    good luck and update me
    )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    Same here. I would suggest you look over that paper well and review every single little mistake.

Ask your teacher if you can get the markscheme so you look through to understand what you did wrong yourself and get help on questions if you need to.

Personally then I would go over loads of topic questions on the bits you didn’t get in the paper just for more practice to cement your knowledge and ensure you don’t ever make those same mistakes again next time. Hope that helps!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Can't be arsed to get up to go to six form when I'm shattered and the to fail even though I waste me evenings attempting to study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkIronsBarzakh)
    Can't be arsed to get up to go to six form when I'm shattered and the to fail even though I waste me evenings attempting to study
    Oh no. You need a change. Go to bed earlier, drink water and have a clear plan of what you need to learn. Print off your spec and memorise it. Relax in the evenings then do homework, and work your way up. Talk to your teachers too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millieclatworthy)
    Oh no. You need a change. Go to bed earlier, drink water and have a clear plan of what you need to learn. Print off your spec and memorise it. Relax in the evenings then do homework, and work your way up. Talk to your teachers too
    Thanks, suppose a routine might help atm, how doed drinking water help me?
    Thanks btw

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, suppose a routine might help atm, how doed drinking water help me?
    Thanks btw
    Drinking water makes your brain work more effectively so you can retain information. And hou also need it not to die. But mainly for exams lol! Good luck and revise for your tests, it’ll be worth it if you get into uni

ReputationRep:
    Drinking water makes your brain work more effectively so you can retain information. And hou also need it not to die. But mainly for exams lol! Good luck and revise for your tests, it’ll be worth it if you get into uni
    Thanks you!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you!
    Keep in touch! Good luck and go to sleep now

ReputationRep:
    NEED motivation to study, Please

ReputationRep:
    1. I just did my maths mocks and got 50% (grade 6) but i want so much higher! Ideally I'd want an 8 but im completely okay with a 7 at this point. I absolutely hate wordy questions and maths just seems to be full of them. Maths is the subject I'm currently doing worst at, but i want to do it for A-levels and now I feel like I'll just spend next year struggling with it. The annoying thing is I know how to use methods, I just can't identify what method to use. Its so frustrating to the extent its seriously demotivating me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yatayyat)
    Same here. I would suggest you look over that paper well and review every single little mistake.

Ask your teacher if you can get the markscheme so you look through to understand what you did wrong yourself and get help on questions if you need to.

Personally then I would go over loads of topic questions on the bits you didn’t get in the paper just for more practice to cement your knowledge and ensure you don’t ever make those same mistakes again next time. Hope that helps!
    You can come back from this. A levels seem to be ridiculously hard, with a c being an equivalent to gcse A*. Everyone says chemistry is hardest in the first year, and you improve in application for the exam questions in the next year. Mocks are mocks for a reason, to practice you and prepare you. Now you need to identify your mistakes. Have you heard of MARKCS?
    Maths
    Application
    Read the question
    Knowledge
    Communication
    Statements
    Look at your previous work, identify what you know and don’t know, and talk to a teacher. You still have time.
    good luck and update me
    )
    thanks guys x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xHSultanax)
    1. I just did my maths mocks and got 50% (grade 6) but i want so much higher! Ideally I'd want an 8 but im completely okay with a 7 at this point. I absolutely hate wordy questions and maths just seems to be full of them. Maths is the subject I'm currently doing worst at, but i want to do it for A-levels and now I feel like I'll just spend next year struggling with it. The annoying thing is I know how to use methods, I just can't identify what method to use. Its so frustrating to the extent its seriously demotivating me.

Maths is hard. I recommend going over your paper with a teacher and identifying your weak areas. Relearn all of your class notes, and do pracice questions in the textbook. Use the alevel ambitions as your motivation, just remember your GCSE knowledge has to be rock solid in order to succeed at AS, bjt you know that! Just get a revision guide and learn the content, remember your formulas and practice so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithhb)
    NEED motivation to study, Please
    Think of how happy you wikk be when you get that A*. You could frame them and put them on your wall, make someone give you money for them, post it on instagram, whatever. Just think of how amazing it woukd be to be an ‘A* student!’ But to do that, you need to revise (do it in bed, it doesn't matter) do practice questions blah blah. Just put on some music now and do light work, then build your way upwards. Success tastes sweet x

ReputationRep:
    Maths is hard. I recommend going over your paper with a teacher and identifying your weak areas. Relearn all of your class notes, and do pracice questions in the textbook. Use the alevel ambitions as your motivation, just remember your GCSE knowledge has to be rock solid in order to succeed at AS, bjt you know that! Just get a revision guide and learn the content, remember your formulas and practice so much
    but my teacher is so patronising😭 tbf i don't really have a choice to not revise any more cause its March so i definitely will start (As soon as mocks are over)
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think buying stationary and all the resources you need is so helpful and most definitely makes me want to study. I literally went shopping and bought a load off cue cards, pens, pencils, A3 paper. The works. And I just love stationary so it really urges me to work

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.