Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. How can i be sure my lecturer has considered my dyslexia when making my 3k essay?
    Tia
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Scott scoot)
    Hi. How can i be sure my lecturer has considered my dyslexia when making my 3k essay?
    Tia
    If the uni is aware the tutor making your work will also be made aware.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Scott scoot)
    Tia
    When you say "considered your dyslexia" what do you actually mean? The university should be putting support in place for you to help with studying, and make special arrangements e.g. in exams, but it sounds like you're suggesting they should be more lenient in marking your work because of your dyslexia. I don't think this is usual- unless you have a prior agreement with the uni, and if you do, then your lecturer will definitely be aware.

If you're confused by the marking of your essay, why not go along to your lecturer's office hours and ask for more feedback?

If you're struggling with your dyslexia generally, then I'd suggest going to your student support office to ask for more help/support.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.