Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So recently a friend of mine has gone to court and received a punishment of 150hours of community service and while returning to college after court he was asked by his teacher why he was late and so then on explained and made her swear she wouldn’t tell anyone but she did without his consent.. obviously.

Now he’s been asked to sign a conviction form by the college? Does he need to sign the conviction form or not? Especially when he doesn’t want to as it could mess up his chances of going to uni.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anisa_x)
    So recently a friend of mine has gone to court and received a punishment of 150hours of community service and while returning to college after court he was asked by his teacher why he was late and so then on explained and made her swear she wouldn’t tell anyone but she did without his consent.. obviously.

Now he’s been asked to sign a conviction form by the college? Does he need to sign the conviction form or not? Especially when he doesn’t want to as it could mess up his chances of going to uni.
    I think he was under a duty to tell the college.
    What does the conviction form say?

He can ring NACRO for advice.
    Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm Friday 1pm-5pm.
    0300 123 1999.
    [email protected].

What was the offence and I can tell you more about the impact.
    Also what does he wish to do at uni?

ReputationRep:
    We’re not sure what the conviction form says yet because he has to sign it Friday but I’m guessing it’s a form to put on his school record to say he has been convicted.

He wishes to study business at uni.
    The offence was carrying a butterfly knife over 3inches and it was all a big mistake and he received the punishment of doing 150hours of community service over the course of 12months and a £170 fine.

But does he have to sign the form and disclose his conviction to his college? Aren’t there any acts or laws to protect his rights of not signing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I think he was under a duty to tell the college.
    What does the conviction form say?

He can ring NACRO for advice.
    Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm Friday 1pm-5pm.
    0300 123 1999.
    [email protected].

What was the offence and I can tell you more about the impact.
    Also what does he wish to do at uni?
    We’re not sure what the conviction form says yet because he has to sign it Friday but I’m guessing it’s a form to put on his school record to say he has been convicted.

He wishes to study business at uni.
    The offence was carrying a butterfly knife over 3inches and it was all a big mistake and he received the punishment of doing 150hours of community service over the course of 12months and a £170 fine.

But does he have to sign the form and disclose his conviction to his college? Aren’t there any acts or laws to protect his rights of not signing it?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.