Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

I'm a Year 13 student finishing their A Levels this year. I got 8A*s and 3As at GCSE and have always been relatively academic but didn't apply to uni this past September because I didn't know what I wanted to study as I felt like I didn't enjoy any subject enough, and knew deep down that I didn't really want to go to uni.

However not taking the academic path has been completely foreign to me, and I have no idea what else I'm going to do after this year finishes. I'm currently telling people that I'm going to take a gap year but I have no plans and nothing in place and see myself just being stuck in my same waitress job and living with my parents for the next ten years. Also, I know you need a degree for the majority of decent high-paying jobs, but a minimum of three years of further study honestly sounds incredibly unappealing and £27,000+ is a lot of debt. I know my future is my own but I have no passion to do anything, whether that be university or work or even see my friends. I should be enjoying life and youth but I just feel constant apathy, but I feel awful because I am so lucky to have the opportunities that I do and should be grateful, but instead I'm complaining and letting them go to waste.

Has anyone else been in the same position? How did things turn out and what kind of things did you do after your last year of school ?

Would really appreciate advice x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.