45.45%
LOTR (6)
54.55%
Millihelen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Which one is better? (both books n films!)
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Death.
Help Me...
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They are both brilliant books and films but overall I just felt I liked the whole Lord of the Rings/Hobbit story more, its more interesting! What about you?
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
LotR hands down. So much more sophisticated, complex and grandiose. Tolkien invented entire languages and a whole planet with its history, including a Genesis-like creation story.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've only done the films and the HP ones get messy so LoTR I guess.
Help Me...
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
LotR hands down. So much more sophisticated, complex and grandiose. Tolkien invented entire languages and a whole planet with its history, including a Genesis-like creation story.
Now that's a perfect way to describe it!:clap2:
cat_mac
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I dont know why the two are always pinned against each other really, they’re both fantasy and both have super old white dude wizards but that’s where similarities end. Imo Harry Potter is for a younger audience, going to magical boarding school is so different from the quest of LOTR.

For me I prefer HP because it was a big part of my childhood, I didn’t see LOTR until last year so it doesn’t have any emotional attachment for me. It was okay but I wouldn’t feel like I was missing anything by not seeing it.
PhilanderingBum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've read all Harry Potter books and The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings and seen all of the films. I love both but Lord of the Rings just has a more mysterious, well developed, ancient feeling world which resonates with me more. Jk Rowling should delve deeper into Potter lore to elevate the franchise. Still waiting for a proper, canon Potterverse video game
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lord of the Rings: a towering work, the synthesis of huge learning about the medieval world. etymology, lost languages, cultures, modernised fantasy, the sufferings of someone who survived the worst of World War I, a huge intellectual and entertaining project, a personal endeavour of amazing richness and calibre.

Harry Potter: trying to think of some nice things to say here.
rororirir
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
when king joffrey stupified the little dwarf man with big feet
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Books, literature and comics.
MR1999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Harry Potter films are rubbish (apart from a few) but the Lord of the Rings trilogy will always remain the best trilogy I've ever seen.
Millihelen
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Lord of the Rings: a towering work, the synthesis of huge learning about the medieval world. etymology, lost languages, cultures, modernised fantasy, the sufferings of someone who survived the worst of World War I, a huge intellectual and entertaining project, a personal endeavour of amazing richness and calibre.

Harry Potter: trying to think of some nice things to say here.
lol
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I never really got into either but id say lord of the rings is better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads