Rebecca787
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I want to start self teaching 3 A Levels from overseas but because the exam centres here only offer Edexcel or CIE exams I have no other option but to do international a levels.

Can anyone advise me in the differences in the syllabus compared to the UK A Levels? My 3 subjects are maths, psychology and law. I’m drawing a blank when it comes to which study books I should be buying.... are there any specifically for the IAL syllabus or do I use the same books that I would if I were studying from the uk?

I have read the syllabus specifications for both CIE and Edexcel but they lack information regarding study materials and which books correlate to the right IAL.

Many thanks!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rebecca787)
Hi everyone,

I want to start self teaching 3 A Levels from overseas but because the exam centres here only offer Edexcel or CIE exams I have no other option but to do international a levels.

Can anyone advise me in the differences in the syllabus compared to the UK A Levels? My 3 subjects are maths, psychology and law. I’m drawing a blank when it comes to which study books I should be buying.... are there any specifically for the IAL syllabus or do I use the same books that I would if I were studying from the uk?

I have read the syllabus specifications for both CIE and Edexcel but they lack information regarding study materials and which books correlate to the right IAL.

Many thanks!
CIE tend t be the bigger provider. If I were in that situation then the only way I could approach it would be t download the spec for each and then compare it to the main UK specs.

Id imagine Edexcel are close t IAL A levels.
Cant say the closest to CIE hence the careful comparison.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rebecca787)
Hi everyone,

Many thanks!
If you choose edexcel do not buy books for the current uk linear specifications. The IAL specifications match the old modular uk A levels. So for example you should choose this series for maths
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-A...A6AXHZZ1C0DKFD
krisjjjin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi are you still studying ill? I'm planning to study Edexcel ial psychology, biology and maths/chem Just wanna ask, did you study all by yourself or did u buy any online course or anything? thx I'm kinda confuse now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?