The Student Room Group

2 A-Levels for uni?

Hi,
I suffer with an anxiety disorder and due to falling out with the only people I had made friends with in January I suffered a severe episode for which I am currently receiving therapy. These people are in all my classes so it is extremely difficult to get back. After being pressurised by my school that I need to get back or be kicked off one of my courses, and then let down by being told I could change to a course that the school doesn’t even offer I’m pretty sure my only two options are to start again in September - but this makes me very nervous as I do not want to have wasted a whole year and feel like I’ll be alone when my other friends go off to uni. Or carry on in the two subjects I am not being pressured into returning to, when I am ready - but I don’t know how I’ll qualify for university with just these two qualifications. I can’t see myself getting back into the third lesson as it is very interactive and there is no way of avoiding the people who have caused me to have this anxiety episode.
Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated as I feel very stuck as to what to do
Reply 1
Original post by bigead
Hi,
I suffer with an anxiety disorder and due to falling out with the only people I had made friends with in January I suffered a severe episode for which I am currently receiving therapy. These people are in all my classes so it is extremely difficult to get back. After being pressurised by my school that I need to get back or be kicked off one of my courses, and then let down by being told I could change to a course that the school doesn’t even offer I’m pretty sure my only two options are to start again in September - but this makes me very nervous as I do not want to have wasted a whole year and feel like I’ll be alone when my other friends go off to uni. Or carry on in the two subjects I am not being pressured into returning to, when I am ready - but I don’t know how I’ll qualify for university with just these two qualifications. I can’t see myself getting back into the third lesson as it is very interactive and there is no way of avoiding the people who have caused me to have this anxiety episode.
Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated as I feel very stuck as to what to do

After your finish these A-levels, you could then go and see if either your current school/college will let you stay and complete a third course or you could find another college that would.
Or if you wanted to go to uni, ask them if they would accept it.
This is what I'm doing anyway, as I am doing two A levels and suffer from depression
Would check entry requirements
I would recommend finding a uni that has a foundation degree in what you want to study. I am applying for one that requires at least 2 A-levels with 80 UCAS points
I'd check with your prospective uni choices; explain the situation and see if having two would be okay. If not, then check whether or not you can stay at your current centre for a third year.

You could also look at Foundation degrees like the user above suggested.

Quick Reply

Latest