Jawad7865
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys, Cardiff university offered me a space for business economics at grades ABB, I am wondering if i get BBB, will they likely accept me? Last year i got ABB, but this year is difficult so will i very likely get BBB,how competitive is that course by the way, it is not very well known compared to business management so not as competitive.
How lenient are cardiff?
Thank you
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jawad7865)
Hi guys, Cardiff university offered me a space for business economics at grades ABB, I am wondering if i get BBB, will they likely accept me? Last year i got ABB, but this year is difficult so will i very likely get BBB,how competitive is that course by the way, it is not very well known compared to business management so not as competitive.
How lenient are cardiff?
Thank you
Although unis can vary in their leniency, it's more to do with how other applicants do on the day. If lots of other people meet or exceed their offers, and Cardiff feel like the course is full, they're more likely to reject you. If lots of people miss their offers, and Cardiff need to take more students, they're more likely to accept you. So there are no guarantees unless you make the grades.

However, most universities are a lot more lenient than they used to be, so it's quite common to be let in if you miss a grade.
<..........>
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jawad7865)
How lenient are cardiff?
Thank you
Hey,

Unfortunately, I can offer you no insight regarding Cardiff University at all, but on applications in general...

If it's your intention to accept Cardiff as a firm and you would definitively go there then it is probably worth you letting them know that when the time is right. Making offers is a real juggle for unis because they don't know how many will be accepted if you're in a position to say to them "Just so you're aware, I will definitely accept my place if it's offered to me." then that's certainly not going to do you any harm in the event you do miss out narrowly on the conditions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed