The Student Room Group

Struggling to find friends at a new school

I just changed schools for Sixth Form and I was at my previous school for a long time before. I knew I'd be anxious at first but I wasn't expecting that I'd still have to keep looking for groups to join after almost a year. I'm in one group now where I'm on good terms with some of the people but it's a massive group and everyone has their own group inside this group, so I'm not a part of either of them and I just can't talk to them. I'm often ignored in this group anyway. To make things worse another new girl has also joined that group and she's practically best friends with them now and they're going on trips together etc. I just hit a really low point today where I even wondered whether they would care if I was in an accident or something. Right now it just feels like there's no one there for me. I'm quite hyper sensitive and observant, which makes me more tentative with new people, but in this group it just feels like everyone's already got their own friends and I'm not needed.
Don't you just hate cliquey people?
So rude. So immature and so closed minded.

Just be yourself and forget about ingratiating into these stupid cliques.

You are a wondeful person. It's not your fault if they're so self centred to not realise that.

Treat it as a badge of honour for you not being in any cliques. Be friendly, polite, assertive to everyone in your sixth form, including the teachers.

Do your own thing. Study really hard to get the best A- levels / into the best uni you can. Treat it like a job. Be professional. Arrive every day on time and do all the work allocated as well as you can in the time available. If you make any friends amongst your colleagues or the management (teachers) fine. If not fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending