Applying to US unis whilst in UK first year?

Watch
Rasmalaii
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I regret not applying to US universities whilst I was in year 12. I'm now in year 13, holding offers for UK unis. Not getting an offer from Cambridge has made me regret my decision even as I might have had a chance at the very top unis in US.

If I wanted to start first year in UK, but apply for US universities for entry when I would be in second year in UK, would I start in the US in first year, or would I continue as I would in the UK in second year?

My reasoning behind this decision, is that I only want to abandon my UK unis, only if I got an offer from Harvard/MIT/UPenn etc., and if I didn't, I'd continue studying in UK as though nothing happened.
theholychilli
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Read about transfers here:

http://www.fulbright.org.uk/going-to...nsfer-students

Obviously you should contact university admissions offices to enquire about transferring from the UK, it's most likely different for each university.

Also, if you need financial aid, some unis in the US don't offer financial aid to international transfer applicants. Obviously it is different for each university, so research on their websites/email the admission offices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.24%
I'm not sure (33)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.1%

Watched Threads