The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

2018 Cardiff Uni Accommodation advice!

Hi,

I'm debating part catered and self catered accommodation and was wondering if anyone had any experience.
Is the part-catered food nice/horrible?
Will I regret not just self catering all the way? Does it affect your experience etc.?
I'm thinking along the lines of a hot meal on a weekday might be worth it, but not if I can have nicer food bought by myself??

Thank you to all that can help!! I wish anyone else all the best in applying etc. :smile:
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
I've heard that the part catered food is alright but mixed reviews on the whole. You also have to do a bit of a walk to get to the food hall. If anything i'd recommend self catering as you'll be less restricted to the meal times they set plus you'll learn goo cooking skills
Original post by Mlow
I've heard that the part catered food is alright but mixed reviews on the whole. You also have to do a bit of a walk to get to the food hall. If anything i'd recommend self catering as you'll be less restricted to the meal times they set plus you'll learn goo cooking skills

You're amazing answering all these questions! :biggrin:
I lived off the part catering food for a year and I'll be doing so again next year, I think it's pretty good food myself but then the only people I've seen complain are people who've been raised on excellent food / takeout all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending