Skin color doesn't matter

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It's a silly question. Who cares about skin color? If there's real attraction, nobody.
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What?
Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's a silly question. Who cares about skin color? If there's real attraction, nobody.
Everyone is unique and we have such diversity on the world; it's simply a wonderful thing. Everyone is equal. We are all human and that's what matters.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
Everyone is unique and we have such diversity on the world; it's simply a wonderful thing. Everyone is equal. We are all human and that's what matters.
No that's what you think, im indian and all the girls that are white in my school go with white lads and pretty much ignore me, im not horrible or creepy, just indian. The white lads in my group all have girls so.
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No that's what you think, im indian and all the girls that are white in my school go with white lads and pretty much ignore me, im not horrible or creepy, just indian. The white lads in my group all have girls so.
That's so horrible that they're so racist to you. You shouldn't be judged for your race. However, not all white girls are like that.
barneywherry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's so horrible that they're so racist to you. You shouldn't be judged for your race. However, not all white girls are like that.
Hang on a moment. I agree it’s bad but I’m not sure if this counts as racism. Girls get ignored all the time, whether they are white or not. How are we to know whether you are being ignored for your race or your personality? I’m not trying to cause offence, but when people start using racism more and more, the potency of the word begins to decrease, taking away from real cases of obvious racism
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who said they're racist to him?
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those girls are maybe just not attracted to Indians or to your face, personality etc.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Exactly,

There's plenty of racial discrimination when it comes dating

I really do shake my head when I hear people on here trying to claim otherwise...
Chucke1992
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ROFL. I hope this idea won't spread in masses because it sounds stupid - "you should date me because I am human, not because you might have preference" (sadly something like this is already happening in genderism)
barneywherry
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Exactly,

There's plenty of racial discrimination when it comes dating

I really do shake my head when I hear people on here trying to claim otherwise...
It’s not racial discrimination. It’s purely a preference. I don’t find the majority of Asian or Middle Eastern women attractive. That isn’t discrimination, it’s just a preference, like hair colour, body size, how much muscle you have etc
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by barneywherry)
It’s not racial discrimination. It’s purely a preference. I don’t find the majority of Asian or Middle Eastern women attractive. That isn’t discrimination, it’s just a preference, like hair colour, body size, how much muscle you have etc

If upon hearing someone's ethnicity, if this alone is reason enough for you to dismiss them as a potential romantic partner then that is racial discrimination

Also, if there are two people the same in looks, but you would pick the one the same race as yourself due to personal preference, ..then your personal preferences are racially biased and you are discriminating

If you were interviewing 2 people for a job, a man and a woman with the same skills ...and you picked the man, and gave a reason that you prefered men ...you might find the woman tries and sue's you...

don't worry, i'm not having a go at you. Tbh the vast majority of people discriminate like this when it comes it dating .. I just find it laughable when they try to deny it and pretend they are equal opportunities...
Chucke1992
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If upon hearing someone's ethnicity, if this alone is reason enough for you to dismiss them as a potential romantic partner then that is racial discrimination

Also, if there are two people the same in looks, but you would pick the one the same race as yourself due to personal preference, ..then your personal preferences are racially biased and you are discriminating
Wow
barneywherry
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

If you were interviewing 2 people for a job, a man and a woman with the same skills ...and you picked the man, and gave a reason that you prefered men ...you might find the woman tries and sue's you...

don't worry, i'm not having a go at you. Tbh the vast majority of people discriminate like this when it comes it dating .. I just find it laughable when they try to deny it and pretend they are equal opportunities...
I’m grateful for your insistence that you aren’t having a go at me. But picking someone for a job and picking a romantic partner is totally different. You’d never not pick a person for a job because they are ugly right? So why is picking an ugly person for a romantic partner an issue?? Just playing devils advocate. But you can not compare picking someone for a job to picking someone for a romantic partner because when you do picking a romantic partner, it is always of how attractive they are to you, not what their qualifications are
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So by that logic If I see a man and woman standing next to each other but choose to date the woman, I’m a sexist? Or if a 24 year old is with an 80 year old and I pick the 24 year old I’m ageist?

Dating is not the same as the job market.
barneywherry
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by barneywherry)
I’m grateful for your insistence that you aren’t having a go at me. But picking someone for a job and picking a romantic partner is totally different. You’d never not pick a person for a job because they are ugly right? So why is picking an ugly person for a romantic partner an issue?? Just playing devils advocate. But you can not compare picking someone for a job to picking someone for a romantic partner because when you do picking a romantic partner, it is always of how attractive they are to you, not what their qualifications are
And I am not saying that I would dismiss them upon hearing their ethnicity. I clearly said I don’t find he majority of Asian or middle eastern women attractive. Not because they are Asian, but because of how an Asian persons face is put together. It’s not the title that puts me off, it’s their attractiveness. And attractiveness is subjective anyway, so you can’t oppose it
Londons Loverboy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

It has nothing to do with "racial discrimation". They just don't find them attractive that is all. Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp?

I accept that some people don't find white people attractive. Not because of my race but because they just don't find white people attractive.

It's not rocket science.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Londons Loverboy)
It has nothing to do with "racial discrimation". They just don't find them attractive that is all. Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp?

I accept that some people don't find white people attractive. Not because of my race but because they just don't find white people attractive.
It's not rocket science.

If you're dismissing someone purely on race it's racial discrimination

Statements such as "I don't date [insert race here]" is racial discrimination ..however you want to dress it up
Londons Loverboy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Statements such as "I don't date [insert race here]" is racial discrimination ..however you want to dress it up
No it's not!!

They are just not attracted to that person.

We don't choose who we find attractive.

You're unbelievable, you're clearly not willing to budge and adamant that your view is correct!
barneywherry
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

That really undermines the potency of actual racial discrimination
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.47%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.16%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (80)
21.05%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.47%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed