The Student Room Group

Where is the #MeToo movement for Benjamin Glaze in American idol

Katy Perry kissed Benjamin without consent, imagine the uproar if a male did that to a female contestant. I’ve had enough of the hypocrisy the metoo movement have
No MeToo for him...because he wasn't born with a vagina.

The Metro, that highly feminised newspaper, that same paper that has been going crazy about Weinstein, wrote an article about this incident yesterday mocking it and joking about it and trivialising it.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/14/katy-perry-steals-first-kiss-off-19-year-old-american-idol-contestant-didnt-like-7388092/

We live in a gynocentric world that trivialises abuse by women. Women sexually assault, rape and groom with totally social and judicial impunity. This is why you can never trust sexual assault stats...
(edited 6 years ago)
I have seen a massive uproar about this. I'm neither a fan of American Idol nor Katy Perry and the only reason I have heard about the assault at all is because of the uproar from the various women and feminist pages I follow on my social media accounts, all of which have called for there to be recognition of the act as sexual assault and equal condemnation/punishment of it as there would be if the genders were switched.
God watching that video made me feel so uncomfortable. Why does she find it okay to do that????
Original post by Evian_12
I have seen a massive uproar about this. I'm neither a fan of American Idol nor Katy Perry and the only reason I have heard about the assault at all is because of the uproar from the various women and feminist pages I follow on my social media accounts, all of which have called for there to be recognition of the act as sexual assault and equal condemnation/punishment of it as there would be if the genders were switched.

lol...give us a link to those "feminist pages" causing an uproar, demanding that this pervert be punished the same way she would be if the genders were swapped.

I'm not going to be holding my breath..because this is BS that you my friend have pulled out of your patootie.

Original post by icequeenTM
God watching that video made me feel so uncomfortable. Why does she find it okay to do that????

Because we live in a gynocentric society where women doing this to boys and other women is considered OK.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CookieButter
lol...give us a link to those "feminist pages" causing an uproar, demanding that this pervert be punished the same way she would be if the genders were swapped.

I'm not going to be holding my breath..because this is BS that you my friend have pulled out of your patootie.

Absolutely no need to talk to me like that.
Absolutely no need to talk to me like that.

I was right then? you have nothing.

Deceit is a staple of feminism. Its an entire ideology built by liars on lies.
I was right then? you have nothing. Deceit is a staple of feminism. Its an entire ideology built by liars on lies.

100% right. I mean, it could be that I don't want to use so much of my time finding and copying links for somebody who talks so aggressively, and who is perfectly capable of doing their own research.... but no, you're definitely right with that theory of yours. 😉
(edited 6 years ago)
100% right

You bet.

I mean, it could be that I don't want to use so much of my time finding and copying links for somebody who talks so aggressively,

All the reason for you to prove me wrong.

and who is perfectly capable of doing their own research....

The burden of proof lies on you to substantiate your claim.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
The burden of proof lies on you to substantiate your claim.

You are a gem 💞💞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending