The Student Room Group

Small crack in windscreen, doing test in own car - Affect a driving test?

Hi. got a small crack in my mini couple of weeks ago from a stone in front being thrown up into the air and hitting the front windscreen. It's a rather small crack which has spread quite a lot. Have my test the week after next, will they not do it because of this crack? Thanks.

(Have attached photos and links; https://imgur.com/a/JNUEe)

Note; It doesn't affect my vision AT ALL
Reply 1
You call that a small crack? :eek:

Look how much it's spread in a couple of weeks. It'll have spread more by the time you take your test. It's in the area swept by the wiper on the driver's side, so is an MOT fail. That won't be acceptable on a driving test. You'll need a new windscreen or to hire an instructor's car for the day.
Reply 2
Original post by Advisor

Look how much it's spread in a couple of weeks. It'll have spread more by the time you take your test. It's in the area swept by the wiper on the driver's side, so is an MOT fail. That won't be acceptable on a driving test. You'll need a new windscreen or to hire an instructor's car for the day.

Ughhhhhhhhhh :frown: thanks
Original post by Advisor

That is so weird I have literally had this exact problem crop up as I've wanted to take my test in my own car too but now there's a small edge crack. Disappointing to hear that they won't let you take the test with it, good thing I don't have it booked any time soon.
also there is going to be freezing weather in the next few days. that may well make your crack even more enormous.

if you do need a replacement then contact a local supplier. the national companies are a complete rip-off.
Reply 5
Original post by Gunjo
Hi. got a small crack in my mini couple of weeks ago from a stone in front being thrown up into the air and hitting the front windscreen. It's a rather small crack which has spread quite a lot. Have my test the week after next, will they not do it because of this crack? Thanks.

(Have attached photos and links; https://imgur.com/a/JNUEe)

Note; It doesn't affect my vision AT ALL

That is likely to completely shatter your windscreen at any time. You need to have it repaired urgently.

Does your insurance include windscreen cover?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending