madcowman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Not too sure on how best to revise A2 politics. At as I only got a C and really just copied the book, any better methods than this? Thanks in advance
90'S
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi are you interested in joining our Politics A2 whatsapp group ? if yes dm your number i'll add you and there's A LOT of essay plans in this web GETREVISING especially for 3a that i printed out and i've been memorising they're VERY GOOOD i tell you
Hannah_0000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 90'S)
Hi are you interested in joining our Politics A2 whatsapp group ? if yes dm your number i'll add you and there's A LOT of essay plans in this web GETREVISING especially for 3a that i printed out and i've been memorising they're VERY GOOOD i tell you
Can I join please x
11LOrmston
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by madcowman)
Not too sure on how best to revise A2 politics. At as I only got a C and really just copied the book, any better methods than this? Thanks in advance
DONT COPY FROM THE BOOK!

To hit the top grades and get the extra marks, you need to know the information!! Its alright being able to regurgitate a textbook in an exam word for word but you need to apply this knowledge under the mark scheme. Instead of listing information, use a Point, Evidence and Explanation structure.

Make a point relating to the question and your evidence. State the evidence. Explain how the evidence links to the point and explain as to why it supports or doesn't support question. Then make sure you add a sentence at the end relating it BACK to the question.

My main tips are to watch the news, do exam question after exam question after exam question. Know the information but you need to learn how to apply it. Read the mark scheme and find out what the examiners look for and where you get the marks. Look at some Examiner Reports too which are very beneficial!

Looking at the textbook inputs the knowledge but you need to apply and relate the knowledge to the questions you are being asked.

Hope this helps!
madcowman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 11LOrmston)
DONT COPY FROM THE BOOK!

To hit the top grades and get the extra marks, you need to know the information!! Its alright being able to regurgitate a textbook in an exam word for word but you need to apply this knowledge under the mark scheme. Instead of listing information, use a Point, Evidence and Explanation structure.

Make a point relating to the question and your evidence. State the evidence. Explain how the evidence links to the point and explain as to why it supports or doesn't support question. Then make sure you add a sentence at the end relating it BACK to the question.

My main tips are to watch the news, do exam question after exam question after exam question. Know the information but you need to learn how to apply it. Read the mark scheme and find out what the examiners look for and where you get the marks. Look at some Examiner Reports too which are very beneficial!

Looking at the textbook inputs the knowledge but you need to apply and relate the knowledge to the questions you are being asked.

Hope this helps!
this is actually really helpful, thanks!
Cam11900
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For GOV3A just do all the past papers and learn the answers as they will probably ask something that has already appeared before. Include information from some of the elections, definitely 2016. For GOV4A I would do the past papers but it is a bit harder to predict. If you need any questions answering I'm more than happy to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.02%
They've been reasonable (70)
40.94%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.73%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)