BTEC people going to university? Watch

lukem23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What BTEC did you do and what is your degree?
Greedoshotfirst
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Studied BTEC Business Level 3, currently studying Journalism (BA).
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BTEC Level 3 science with forensics extended diploma applied for biomedical and radiography and I got in
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BTEC Creative Media Production, now doing BA Animation
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma IT/Computing, graduated in summer 2017 with a BSc in Computer Science and now studying for an MSc.
lukem23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Greedoshotfirst)
Studied BTEC Business Level 3, currently studying Journalism (BA).
Did you enjoy your business BTEC? I am thinking of doing it, other option being a levels.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to BTEC
ForcomeAnarchist
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BTEC Extended Diploma in Science Lvl 3, currently studying Applied Medical Science at UCL.
leobarry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yt7777)
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma IT/Computing, graduated in summer 2017 with a BSc in Computer Science and now studying for an MSc.
I am doing the same course. What university did you study computer science and was it hard to get in to. What grade I need.
My gcse grade is BCCCDDD and MM in level 2 IT. How hard will it be for me to get in to a good uni and study computer science. I am currently getting distinction in my course
I am really worried that my gcse will let me DOWN.
Thank you
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business (NQF-new spec, meaning exams included)

Most likely outcome: D*D*D

Applied for Accounting and Finance. Got offers from all my Unis (1 Unconditional and 2 reduced offers).
leobarry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JDieMstr)
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business (NQF-new spec, meaning exams included)

Most likely outcome: D*D*D

Applied for Accounting and Finance. Got offers from all my Unis (1 Unconditional and 2 reduced offers).
Do you have to get all distinction in all units to get D*D*D* including in your exams.
Well done in you offers
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by leobarry)
Do you have to get all distinction in all units to get D*D*D* including in your exams.
Well done in you offers
Thank you and yeh, pretty much. D*D*D* is 270/270 points. Then D*D*D is at 252/270. If you think about how many people failed/barely got a Pass in other colleges (talking about purely exam results), then D*D*D is the new D*D*D* for the students doing my spec. Btw, the Pearson board likes screwing around a lot. Just 2 days ago I found out that their recent change in exam grading system meant my grades would jump from DDD to D*D*D (given my coursework is all Ds). I could've gotten into my local RG uni with these grades if it was a month earlier but...welp what can ye do, firmed and unconditional for my local ex-poly.
nxth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
btec in software development, predicted dmm but aiming for ddm <3

firmed offer for information technology at huddersfield, better unis wanted maths a level but i didnt do that
THEGAMECRUSHER
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did a BTEC in sports science and I am currently doing a masters in maths at Cambridge.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nxth)
btec in software development, predicted dmm but aiming for ddm <3

firmed offer for information technology at huddersfield, better unis wanted maths a level but i didnt do that
Plenty of very good unis don't require maths

Check out: Surrey, Cardiff, Royal Holloway, Southampton (for IT), UCL (for ITMB).
nxth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yt7777)
Plenty of very good unis don't require maths

Check out: Surrey, Cardiff, Royal Holloway, Southampton (for IT), UCL (for ITMB).
i didnt want to go that far from where i live, west yorkshire. theyre too far for me personally.
im happy with my choice though, i went to the open day and checked it out
Jaustin827
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Few weeks from finishing my BTEC in Medical science with D*D*D* (as long as it all keeps going well). Going on to Study Microbiology at York and i can't wait!!
tedgfbtebfetedfb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by THEGAMECRUSHER)
I did a BTEC in sports science and I am currently doing a masters in maths at Cambridge.
How comes? I did maths further maths and triple science at a levels and achieved 5 A* in that. In GCSE I got 11 A* and I still got rejected. What did you get?
tedgfbtebfetedfb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
btec level 1 applied science and am now lecturing biochemistry in harvard
Hello1236969
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb)
How comes? I did maths further maths and triple science at a levels and achieved 5 A* in that. In GCSE I got 11 A* and I still got rejected. What did you get?
Hes obviously a troll ffs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (407)
18.64%
The paper was reasonable (1039)
47.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (485)
22.21%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.58%

Watched Threads