The Student Room Group

I hate my parents

Hi guys,

So I've had a rocky relationship with both my parents ever since I was like 4 years old. We argue all the time, and when we both get angry, everything feels horrible.

I cannot trust them at all, they are both gossipy snakes. They want me to be a good person, yet they are so horrible about other people.

They do not respect my decisions at all, and think their views are always right. If I do something perfectly normal, but they don't like it, they will get angry at me. Some of their views are so ancient and stupid, that it is laughable. They are so ignorant, and uneducated, and know nothing.

Because I am a girl ,they will not pay for a club for me. Yet my brother, who is a boy has been to so many expensive clubs, which is so unfair. I have to keep fit myself, this is good as I have self-discipline; but I think it is ridiculous that I can't do the exiciting sports.

They do not care how I am doing at school: whether I am struggling, or feeling ok. I have literally been so depressed for 4 years, and I think it is obvious to see, I have cried endlessly on some days, and they hear me,yet they do not care. When I am feeling so sick physically, they do not care. They do not comfort me, but would rather sleep.

This has been going on forever, I cannot wait to leave my house. I am crying typing this up.

However for the meantime, does any one have any tips.
Reply 1
have you seen or talked to anyone about this?

this is fairly normal in some households as some families are just biased

i think you should reach put to someone as it's not good to bottle everything up yourself

you need to think positively about yourself and not let their words get to you

stay strong and show them that you don't need them

from my personal experience, ignore them and this will help you grow as a better person

i will always be here if you need someone to talk to
ungrateful sod
Reply 3
Original post by ghastly mard
ungrateful sod

**** off?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

So I've had a rocky relationship with both my parents ever since I was like 4 years old. We argue all the time, and when we both get angry, everything feels horrible.

I cannot trust them at all, they are both gossipy snakes. They want me to be a good person, yet they are so horrible about other people.

They do not respect my decisions at all, and think their views are always right. If I do something perfectly normal, but they don't like it, they will get angry at me. Some of their views are so ancient and stupid, that it is laughable. They are so ignorant, and uneducated, and know nothing.

Because I am a girl ,they will not pay for a club for me. Yet my brother, who is a boy has been to so many expensive clubs, which is so unfair. I have to keep fit myself, this is good as I have self-discipline; but I think it is ridiculous that I can't do the exiciting sports.

They do not care how I am doing at school: whether I am struggling, or feeling ok. I have literally been so depressed for 4 years, and I think it is obvious to see, I have cried endlessly on some days, and they hear me,yet they do not care. When I am feeling so sick physically, they do not care. They do not comfort me, but would rather sleep.

This has been going on forever, I cannot wait to leave my house. I am crying typing this up.

However for the meantime, does any one have any tips.

I am really sorry you feel like this. It must be hard seeing your brother get to do things that you can't. Is there any free clubs you could join, just to show that you'll do it with or without them. You should talk to a student counsellor at school or a teacher you trust. You do not deserve to be feeling that way about school and to not feel cared for.

If you're ever feeling down or need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me or whatever.
Original post by G.Y
**** off?

shut up yeah?
Reply 6
Original post by ghastly mard
ungrateful sod

I bet you're feeling the same way ungrateful sod
Reply 7
Original post by qam
have you seen or talked to anyone about this?

this is fairly normal in some households as some families are just biased

i think you should reach put to someone as it's not good to bottle everything up yourself

you need to think positively about yourself and not let their words get to you

stay strong and show them that you don't need them

from my personal experience, ignore them and this will help you grow as a better person

i will always be here if you need someone to talk to

Hey, thank you for your reply. Basically I don't want to talk to anyone about it, which is why I posted it on Student room, as I get embarrassed. Also I do ignore them, but it makes me feel even more sad, depressed and lonely.
Reply 8
Original post by iamarock
I am really sorry you feel like this. It must be hard seeing your brother get to do things that you can't. Is there any free clubs you could join, just to show that you'll do it with or without them. You should talk to a student counsellor at school or a teacher you trust. You do not deserve to be feeling that way about school and to not feel cared for.

If you're ever feeling down or need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me or whatever.

Thank you for your kind thoughts :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending