The Student Room Group

My mole just fell off!!

Ok so I had a rather raised mole on my left thigh, and it had been there a while. I have a lot of moles all over my body, and quite a few larger, more raised ones, and the Doctor is aware of this and checks them every so often when I go for an appointment.

Anyway, the only thing is this - my mole just fell off!! Over the past couple of days it had turned a reddy brown and gotten really itchy, and I was becoming worried about it, and was going to see the Doctor, as it was changing size [getting larger] and colour [getting darker and red]. Anyway I was just scratching it [It's itchy!!] when it fell off!! It kinda fell off like it would if the whole mole was a scab!! The area is now a pale brown, flat mole. There is a tiny little speck of blood at one side where I seem to have caught myself when scratching but there is no blood ON the 'new' uncovered mole.

Anyway this thread is kinda "What do you all think?? Isn't it weird??" and kinda "Should I still go to the Doctors or wait for it to heal a bit and see if it's still a worry??".

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Update: The mole has a hair growing out of it. This mole was previously an UNHAIRY mole. WTF?? :s:

[EDIT] I plucked the hair, it was doing my head in, and people might laugh if they saw it. :redface:
yeah definately go ee the doctor, and moles hat change shape/discolour are not good,, he hair growign out o a mole is quite common though, but just go get it checked to make sure, its better to be safe than sorry!
Reply 3
I've never heard of a mole falling off before :s-smilie: Definitely go to the doctor about it, that's not normal.
Reply 4
Go to the doctor, I dont think they're supposed to fall off:p:
Moles do fall off if you scratch them enough, but it'll probably come back. Still see the doc though.
When I was younger, I had a malignant melanoma on my leg. It was basically a weirdy mole thing that kept falling off when i caught it while running etc. I would go see the doctor asap, but don't worry too much. As it has just started being dodgy, there should be no problem removing it even if it is worse case scenario- and if its not, you will have peace of mind.

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 7
Yeah, definitely a good idea to see a doctor.
On another note, when I was younger I used to believe (not sure where I got it from, must have been word in the playground) that if a mole came off, it would bleed forever :redface:
Iiiit's beginning to sound a lot like can-cer (can-cer)
Eeeeeverywhere you go...
Take a look at the doctor's pen, writing cancer notes once again,
With moley moles and cancer skin aglooow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Cancer (can-cer)
Moles on ev'ry pore...
But the prettiest sight to see, is the lung cancer that will be,
Knocking on your door.

....seriously though, seek medical attention.
Reply 9
Christ, I almost chucked up my breakfast. Go to the doctor.
Reply 10
aww what a happy little ditty :biggrin:

All those in favour of going to the doctor, say aye..

AYE!
SilverWings
Update: The mole has a hair growing out of it. This mole was previously an UNHAIRY mole. WTF?? :s:

[EDIT] I plucked the hair, it was doing my head in, and people might laugh if they saw it. :redface:

maybe shave the mole if the hair grows back i heard plucking is dangerous
Reply 12
SilverWings

Oh noes. Now you'll get cancer.
I scratched one of mine off when I was alot younger, maybe about 5 or 6. Didnt know what it was at the time and just wanted rid of it. It was tiny though, and grew back. Never went to the doctor though, maybe ive had cancer for the last 14 years and didnt know it :redface:
Damn you people making me paranoid.
Reply 14
definatly go to your doctor. iirc you should always get moles checked if you injure them
Reply 15
Toy Soldier
Iiiit's beginning to sound a lot like can-cer (can-cer)
Eeeeeverywhere you go...
Take a look at the doctor's pen, writing cancer notes once again,
With moley moles and cancer skin aglooow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Cancer (can-cer)
Moles on ev'ry pore...
But the prettiest sight to see, is the lung cancer that will be,
Knocking on your door.

....seriously though, seek medical attention.

:biggrin:

I agree though, to the quack with you!
Reply 16
Queenkerosene
maybe shave the mole if the hair grows back i heard plucking is dangerous

Um i wouldn't shave the Mole (could make it worse) !

Just get to a Doctor & have it looked at
definitely go doctors, but on the plus side, I remember reading that if a mole has a hair going through it then thats a good sign, as it shows that it is behaving in the same way skin would, and lessens the chance for cancer. Doctor confirmed this, but I don't believe much they say (I know they've had 5 years of training+ but still)!
My cat once had a mole
^ ^

Why go anonymous with that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending