The Student Room Group

Money issues in relationships

Me and my boyfriend have had money issues before in our relationship when he went broke I helped him out paid his fines and stufff and stook by him. I feel like he did take advantage due to me carrying on to give him everything he wanted or needed. We broke up for three months. Now he’s back on track he’s starting business he told me and called me and asked do you want to contribute

This has really hit me in an angry way. I don’t know how to explain. I feel like idk.

How would you feel. Especially if there is previous money problems.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend have had money issues before in our relationship when he went broke I helped him out paid his fines and stufff and stook by him. I feel like he did take advantage due to me carrying on to give him everything he wanted or needed. We broke up for three months. Now he’s back on track he’s starting business he told me and called me and asked do you want to contribute

This has really hit me in an angry way. I don’t know how to explain. I feel like idk.

How would you feel. Especially if there is previous money problems.

Which is why you don’t stArt a relationship until you can support yourself. If you’re struggling yourself, you don’t need another burden (I’m addressing him more than you)

Tell him to shove his demand up his back passage and that you’ll get with him once he finds a stable source of income
Seems like he just wants you for your money

You are right to feel angry. Say no and just keep walking. You don't need to be with a selfish guy like this. You may love him but he clearly doesn't love you. Don't waste anymore time on him, find a guy who has enough self-respect not to take money from his girlfriend. Find a guy who wants you for you. DUMP HIS GREEDY ASS
Tell him you won't contribute to his business and that you expect a share of the profits for all the money you paid to bail him out in the past.
Paid his FINES?

Yeah I don't know what 'Do you want to contribute?' is all about, was that his exact words? It's one thing asking friends or such to INVEST in a business you start, but you're supposed to have your **** together, have a good plan and returns to offer them and such, 'Do you want to contribute?' just makes it sound like begging (and pretty damn arrogant begging at that'

I'm now just imagining my various ex's phoning me :P

I'm paying my rent would you like to contribute? - No

I'm going to have some dinner, would you like to contribute? - No

I'm buying a cat, would you like to contribute? - No, the Fks this got to do with me?
Reply 5
'No' would be a good answer to this question.
Definitely say no. He thinks you're easy to get money out of and that's all you appear to be to him - an ATM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending