Teaching in China after uni for a year out!

Watch
leprechaunpaul
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I finished my degree last year and thought I need adventure, I need more life experience before I settle down in my career. Being only 22 I knew I had a long time to fulfil my potential as an engineer I was always fond of chinese culture and wanted to experience it first hand. If you want to know more about this amazing experience then ask me any questions...

P.s Out to anyone who is struggling after uni to find work and wants to get away from the pressure of life in general.
spidle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you mean teaching english in China?
leprechaunpaul
Rep:
?
Yes, teaching English in China.
spidle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds like a great adventure overall! You'll get life experience, discover a new country, earn money... Just a quick question, do you have any language teaching certificates?
leprechaunpaul
Rep:
?
Yes, the language barrier and food takes a bit getting used to but overall it's improve my standard of living. No more rent, no more unaffordable bills, the advantages are endless. My agency did everything for me and I completed a Tesol certificate whilst out here. All I needed was a Bachelors degree and two years teaching related experience. I think they have cracked down on that now though. I think you would need to get a certificate and then come to teach. Tesol takes a month to complete, its about $200
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (145)
15.83%
Uncertainty around my education (150)
16.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (87)
9.5%
Isolating with family (63)
6.88%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (33)
3.6%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (80)
8.73%
Loneliness (93)
10.15%
Financial worries (38)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (82)
8.95%
Exposure to negative news/social media (62)
6.77%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (83)
9.06%

Watched Threads