kasacolx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
HEllo I’m a gcse student and have done some English literature essays is there anyone who is extremely good at English please I need someone who is above standards to help me mark them thank you
indie.sxnds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what grade are you currently at?
kasacolx
Rep:
?
For gcse aqa
kasacolx
Rep:
?
(Original post by indie.sxnds)
what grade are you currently at?
6 but I know I can get higher
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kasacolx)
6 but I know I can get higher
My exam board is AQA, and the texts i do are Blood Brothers, Jekyll and Hyde, and Romeo and Juliet. If you study any of these texts, I could probably help you as I'm currently at a grade 8 for English Literature.

If you don't do these texts, don't worry, I can still have a look at you essay if you wantProbably the best piece of advice I could give without seeing it is to talk about structure and form in your analysis, and meet up with you english teacher, get them to circle areas where you went wrong, and ask them for thorough advice on how to improve. If you're at a 6, that clearly means you're doing something right. So, instead of re-writing the whole essay, just re-do the areas where you went wrong once you know how to improve, and get your teacher to mark it again.

Also, make sure you know your texts like the back of your hand, memorise key quotes etc. I posted a thread on some resources, if youd like me to send you the links, Mr Bruffs videos are amazing too.
kasacolx
Rep:
?
My exam board is AQA, and the texts i do are Blood Brothers, Jekyll and Hyde, and Romeo and Juliet. If you study any of these texts, I could probably help you as I'm currently at a grade 8 for English Literature.

If you don't do these texts, don't worry, I can still have a look at you essay if you wantProbably the best piece of advice I could give without seeing it is to talk about structure and form in your analysis, and meet up with you english teacher, get them to circle areas where you went wrong, and ask them for thorough advice on how to improve. If you're at a 6, that clearly means you're doing something right. So, instead of re-writing the whole essay, just re-do the areas where you went wrong once you know how to improve, and get your teacher to mark it again.

Also, make sure you know your texts like the back of your hand, memorise key quotes etc. I posted a thread on some resources, if youd like me to send you the links, Mr Bruffs videos are amazing too.
Omg wow thank you so much and I’m doing Romeo and Juliet but not any of those books but is there any way I can send you my essays for you to check if them that would be amazing also what do u think is the best way to get high marks on an essay
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kasacolx)
Omg wow thank you so much and I’m doing Romeo and Juliet but not any of those books but is there any way I can send you my essays for you to check if them that would be amazing also what do u think is the best way to get high marks on an essay
Of course, you can email me them, or send them as pictures to me on here Any essays that aren’t on romeo and juliet, I’d say to analyse structure and form as much as you can in it, and use quotes that you thinkll be useful. Showing your teacher the essays is probably even more useful than showing me, as he/she can identify areas where you went wrong specifically - (eg talking about the wrong theme in ______, whereas because i may not study _______ , i can’t help in terms of accuracy or context.)

What books do you study? apart from romeo and juliet. And what’s your poetry like?
kasacolx
Rep:
?
Of course, you can email me them, or send them as pictures to me on here Any essays that aren’t on romeo and juliet, I’d say to analyse structure and form as much as you can in it, and use quotes that you thinkll be useful. Showing your teacher the essays is probably even more useful than showing me, as he/she can identify areas where you went wrong specifically - (eg talking about the wrong theme in ______, whereas because i may not study _______ , i can’t help in terms of accuracy or context.)

What books do you study? apart from romeo and juliet. And what’s your poetry like?
Omg yes thank you I will send some to you on here also are u in year 11? Andddd I’m doing power and conflict poetry and we haven’t done loads to know if I’m god or not but I hope I am
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.48%
No (107)
32.52%

Watched Threads