AQA Religious Studies Paper 1 & 2 7062 - 05 & 11 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion] Watch

julieolu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Is anyone on this course and would like to revise the topics together. I fins Rs fairly easy, i just need find talking about the topic more better than reading alone. i have already made posters for a few of the topics.
B.Vickss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes I would be interested in doing so please. I’m finding it hard to revise and figure out my timing in the exam
YD17HXM
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Dont worry about Re Lol, i Got a G in the mocks, was moved to set 7 (bottom) and didnt revise and managed to get full marks in paper 1 and 74 in paper 2, remeber, without revision.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
julieolu
Rep:
?
YD17HXM Are you talking about GCSE?
YD17HXM
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by julieolu)
YD17HXM Are you talking about GCSE?
yes
Ele_20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What religions are you studying?
julieolu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ele_20)
What religions are you studying?

Christianity you?
I_Hate_School
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Personally, I feel like RE is an extremely easy subject (I got about 98% on mocks and almost 100% in every topic assessment). If you’re like me and you’ve been to only catholic schools, then you would probably know absolutely everything anyway due to doing RE about 4 times a week in primary school and 2 times in secondary. For your religious evidence, just use simple ideas like the book of Genesis, parable of sheep and goats, beatitudes, 10 commandments, parable of the rich man and Lazarus, Good Samaritan and so on so forth... btw if you say ‘guided by the holy spirit’, that is counted as religious evidence. Also quote prayers like the our father and Hail Mary and you’ll be just fine
Ele_20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Christianity and Buddhism
julieolu
Rep:
?
Are you studying A levels or GCSE RS?
mamasaywhatnow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by I_Hate_School)
Personally, I feel like RE is an extremely easy subject (I got about 98% on mocks and almost 100% in every topic assessment). If you’re like me and you’ve been to only catholic schools, then you would probably know absolutely everything anyway due to doing RE about 4 times a week in primary school and 2 times in secondary. For your religious evidence, just use simple ideas like the book of Genesis, parable of sheep and goats, beatitudes, 10 commandments, parable of the rich man and Lazarus, Good Samaritan and so on so forth... btw if you say ‘guided by the holy spirit’, that is counted as religious evidence. Also quote prayers like the our father and Hail Mary and you’ll be just fine
I've always been to Catholic schools and I understand the faith fully, but don't you find the amount of Catholic teachings to learn to be insane?? It always brings me down to 7 marks in the 12 markers because I can never remember quotes from Gaudium et Spes & ect.
mikela
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mamasaywhatnow)
I've always been to Catholic schools and I understand the faith fully, but don't you find the amount of Catholic teachings to learn to be insane?? It always brings me down to 7 marks in the 12 markers because I can never remember quotes from Gaudium et Spes & ect.
agreed! the content for Catholicism is ridiculously heavy (and i find judaism easier instead...)

also i honestly relate to not knowing the Gaudium et Spes, Youcat, CCC ect... the highest amount of marks i get in 12 markers is literally 8
I_Hate_School
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mamasaywhatnow)
I almost always get 12 marks. When using religious evidence, I never quote word for word most of the time (except for prayers etc.). I tend to avoid religious evidence like Gaudium et Specs and the Nicene Creed and lean towards simpler evidence like Genesis or The Lords Prayer. One of the twelve markers I had was something along the lines of ‘forgiveness is the most important act a Christian can do’ and the only evidence I used was the Lord’s Prayer ‘we forgive those who trespass against us etc.’, the beatitudes ‘blessed are the merciful, blessed are the peacemakers’, the crucifixion (‘Lord forgive them for they know not what they do’) and one other thing I can’t think of right now. I never use complex ideas and keep my answers simplistic and understandable and get 12 marks every time
gcsestudent3924
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
what key topics came up on your papers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%