The Student Room Group

Is my dad right?

i was crying a lot and kept asking:

-why is my sister still friends with people who bully and insult me?

My sister doesn't listen either, she says "she hasn't seen it", but she WASN'T there when these things happened.

My dad says it is OK for your sister to say hello and talk to them and it's my problem.

So if your sibling, son, daughter was bullied, insulted by these people, would you say "it's still ok for your wife/sibling/etc to talk and have a chat with and say hello to them"?

So is your dad correct in saying it's ok to say hello to people who bully and insult me?
Thats quite sad :/ maybe your sister doesnt want to lose touch of them because of you.. that doesnt mean she wants to harm you by doing so, but I understand you are feeling bad about it, you're fine as long as she doesnt start to bully you has well
Always respect everyone no matter what they have done.
If they bully you try to keep your distance. If they are bullying you it is probably because they themselves are getting bullied. If they bully you do not respond to what they say and don't let it get to you.

Know that you are not alone in this and can get lots of help and support from school or other people in a similar situation.
Original post by Anonymous
Always respect everyone no matter what they have done.
If they bully you try to keep your distance. If they are bullying you it is probably because they themselves are getting bullied. If they bully you do not respond to what they say and don't let it get to you.

Know that you are not alone in this and can get lots of help and support from school or other people in a similar situation.

Absolutely not. This is what you do if you want to be treated like a mug. Respect is earned, not given.
Your father is teaching you the art of comprimise and tolerance.. by being able to handle this you'll be in a good position to hgandle your emotions in the future.. with regards to relationship etc. honestly its worth reflecting and finding a way to deal with it and also have someone to talk about it with (i.e. finding coping mechanisms)

Quick Reply