The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire Accommodation 2018

Hi All,

I thought I'd set this thread up for those of you planning on living on campus this September!

The accommodation portal is now open, so if you haven't already, you can get started on your application :u:

To guarantee your room you'll need to apply before 16 August and confirm acceptance of your place to study on one of our courses before 23 August.

You can compare our different accommodation types by watching our video here:

[video="youtube;PVrBjg_9jTs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrBjg_9jTs[/video]

If you have any questions about any of our accommodation, just let me know.

If you've already decided on your application tell us below and find your new flatmates!

Thanks,
Heather

P.S - Our College Lane campus won the Best Student Housing 2017 CUBO award :colondollar: :u:

Scroll to see replies

How about continuing students who are on waiting list? Are there many students on waiting list? When will we be informed whether or not we can be offered a place? If it is sure that we can't be offered a place, we have to plan ahead of time to go to find accommodation off campus.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
I've made my application for accommodation, how long should I expect to wait for an offer?
Original post by Molimolimolly
How about continuing students who are on waiting list? Are there many students on waiting list? When will we be informed whether or not we can be offered a place? If it is sure that we can't be offered a place, we have to plan ahead of time to go to find accommodation off campus.

Hi @Molimolimolly,

There are quite a few students on the waiting list. The accommodation team should be sending out offers to continuing students this week. You should have received confirmation a couple of weeks ago if you were successful and now the rooms are being allocated. If you haven't heard, it would be best to contact [email protected]

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by zlucyz1
I've made my application for accommodation, how long should I expect to wait for an offer?

Hi @zlucyz1

You should hear back in the next few weeks. We've had a problem with our email server recently which means some of the emails haven't been getting through :frown:

Any other questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @Molimolimolly,

There are quite a few students on the waiting list. The accommodation team should be sending out offers to continuing students this week. You should have received confirmation a couple of weeks ago if you were successful and now the rooms are being allocated. If you haven't heard, it would be best to contact [email protected]

Thanks,
Heather

So basically students on waiting list can be considered as unsuccessful? Is there any chance I can know the % of being allocated a room according to past experience? I don't want to wait endlessly so probably I have to look for accommodation out of campus now...
Reply 6
How do we find our flatmates?
I've recieved and accepted my accomodation offer, I have also paid the deposit. Is there any way of finding out who my flat mates will be? Thanks.
Reply 8
What flat you in?
Reply 9
I'm going to be in spalding court, anyone else?
Original post by Molimolimolly
So basically students on waiting list can be considered as unsuccessful? Is there any chance I can know the % of being allocated a room according to past experience? I don't want to wait endlessly so probably I have to look for accommodation out of campus now...

I think it would be best to contact [email protected] who can give you more information. If you do need to find accommodation off campus, we have some info here that may be useful: https://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/student-accommodation/where-to-live/off-campus-accommodation
Original post by Shaan.
How do we find our flatmates?

Original post by TheRealJW
I've recieved and accepted my accomodation offer, I have also paid the deposit. Is there any way of finding out who my flat mates will be? Thanks.

Feel free to use this thread to find your new flatmates! I think lots of students also use Facebook groups, so have a quick search on there too :colondollar:
Reply 12
Hey, anyone else in Watton??
Original post by Shaan.
What flat you in?

I’m going to be in Maclean court flat number 38, how about you?
I’m in Maclean court, how about you?
I was wondering if because I haven’t got an unconditional offer as the course I’m on doesn’t give out unconditional offers I will be less likely to get accommodation? It feels a bit like people who have conditional offers are at a bit of a disadvantage compared to those who get unconditional? As a lot of people don’t get there results till a lot later on.

The main reason I’m asking is that I need a certain type of room on medical grounds and I’m worried I won’t be able to get it.
Spalding court flat 13
(edited 6 years ago)
The day the accommodation opened I applied straight away and I haven’t received anything yet. The one thing I don’t get is that in the conditions it said if I choose this it will become an unconditional, which I did put it as my first choice back in January. When will I know if I have an accommodation because if I don’t get anything I will need to make other arrangements.
Flat 49 in Bellingham Court, College Lane
anyone in flat 8 newton court?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending