How do you heal a broken heart?

Watch
jv_peters
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
They say if I stay single, I’ll be alone forever. They say if I won’t move on, I’ll be forever imprison to pain and regrets. But how do you really heal a broken heart? I know it’s time to move on but I just can’t, I do not know the things to be done! Some told me to try online dating or matchmaking services. I did and what attracts me is this romance tour to travel abroad and meet foreign women, this will just be an option if I fail with dating here in the States. Do you guys think this will help? How do you heal a broken heart?
aks11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jv_peters)
They say if I stay single, I’ll be alone forever. They say if I won’t move on, I’ll be forever imprison to pain and regrets. But how do you really heal a broken heart? I know it’s time to move on but I just can’t, I do not know the things to be done! Some told me to try online dating or matchmaking services. I did and what attracts me is this romance tour to travel abroad and meet foreign women, this will just be an option if I fail with dating here in the States. Do you guys think this will help? How do you heal a broken heart?
Healing a broken heart is no child's play.It takes time.All you need to do is trigger your feelings into doing something productive.Trust me it helps.For now all you need to do is forgive and forget and try moving on.Go out and treat yourself.Discover the new you.Socialize.Open your heart and fall in love again.
Give yourself some time.Think about what you truly want and how would you get it.Think about your happy place.
And when you are able to think about all the happy memories without crying once,Consider yourself healed. Don't do anything in rush.Think thoroughly and act.Your life is not worth to be wasted on others.She moved on you can too.If you wanna talk about it you can PM me.I 'll be happy to help.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
this is tough, I fell in love because I was after a certain feeling, a certain vibe and lifestyle and I met someone who had everything I was looking for. The way I’m getting over is by looking for a new feeling, vibe and lifestyle to chase. I guess you have to ask yourself why you fell in love and how you can fill that yourself, then get back out there and find some new parts of you that need filling, and hopefully this time you won’t be left to do it alone!

It’s so important to take care of yourself and make yourself a better person during this period, don’t beat yourself up. It’s so easy to get comfortable and indulge in heartbreak, but don’t let your feelings control you or you won’t get anywhere and you won’t get over it. Keep looking forward to the better things ahead!
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jv_peters)
Just take everything as it comes.
ella1028
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's very cliche but time, it takes time.
Maybe take up a hobby to take your mind off of things or trying going out with friends more.
Lepidolite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Keep busy and do whatever you need to do to say goodbye, whether it be writing a letter (and not sending it, keep it for yourself) or binning reminders such as photos etc.
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Focus on self-care, self-improvement, and the passage of time. This is coming from someone who has certainly been there and done that. Good luck, OP.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLQ0biK-ZgA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.63%
I'm not sure (54)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (345)
29.34%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (570)
48.47%

Watched Threads