The Student Room Group

Do you think the UK will go to war with Russia?

After what has recently happened between UK and Russia, do you think war is likely?
No/
Reply 2
Original post by SCIENCE :D
No/

why?
Reply 3
it's not a serious enough incident to provoke either sides to go that far...

and if war broke out it would be a world war most likely

it's not serious enough to turn into that...
well since Theresa May doesn't know if she's on her arse or her elbow, i wouldn't be surprised. If we did, Putin will basically flick the UK of the map, since he is also allies with Kim Jong Un,
Reply 5
Original post by ANM775
it's not a serious enough incident to provoke either sides to go that far...

and if war broke out it would be a world war most likely

it's not serious enough to turn into that...

I guess so but Theresa may is almost suggesting war may be likely
But I hope you're right
Reply 6
Original post by jesswalton888
well since Theresa May doesn't know if she's on her arse or her elbow, i wouldn't be surprised. If we did, Putin will basically flick the UK of the map, since he is also allies with Kim Jong Un,

hey u not wrong
Original post by jesswalton888

Original post by Heidi_16
hey u not wrong

There will be no war.

Russia nor the UK have the capability of waging war against each other no matter what you may see on you tube.
Reply 8
Nah, we can’t afford it.
Definitely not. We are a very long way away from open hostilities. This is a diplomatic crisis and not much more at the moment. Worst comes to worst, well enter a long period of cooling in relations.

Nuclear powers usually aren't eager to fight one another.
Original post by uberteknik
There will be no war.

Russia nor the UK have the capability of waging war against each other no matter what you may see on you tube.

They definitely have the capability. That's exactly why they don't want to wage war. Both have nuclear weapons (capability) and therefore neither wants a war out of common sense.
Original post by PostGrad221
They definitely have the capability. That's exactly why they don't want to wage war. Both have nuclear weapons (capability) and therefore neither wants a war out of common sense.

Common sense yes. It's all academic.

Both Russia and the UK have limited capabilities to project conventional military power away from it's borders.

The UK and Russia will never go to war unless Russia wants to bring about global Mutually Assured Destruction.
War is stupid.:noway:
Reply 13
Nope.
Putin and May [I hope] arent that stupid.
Any one familiar with their respective strengths and weaknesses knows that neither side will come off well from such a conflict [this is disregarding NATO as well here] Russia has no projection power when it comes to beating up and island nation, nuclear weapons aside, and Britain has no projection power at all any way when it comes to trying to beat up a country that isnt a 3rd world dictatorship.
If they were stupid enough to try to go to war though it would likely be a damn short one.
Original post by Heidi_16
After what has recently happened between UK and Russia, do you think war is likely?

Nope, no chance. The chemical weapon attack on Sergei Skripal was one incident, there’d need to be a lot more before military action could take place.
Original post by PostGrad221

It's not even the nukes.

We may expect a country to start a pointless war if it's ruled by religious fanatism or other fanatic ideology. But it's not the case neither with the UK or Russia and there is no rational reason for which these countries would go to war. This would bring no political or economic benefits to any of them. That's why Russia hasn't attacked the Baltic states or Poland, even though it would obliterate all of them in three days without using nuclear weapons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending