The Student Room Group

Debate topics

What are some good debate topics, with your opinions on them.
Reply 1
Is feminism needed in the western world?
Reply 2
Original post by Kansspel
Is feminism needed in the western world?

is it needed in general because of how extreme it is now?
Reply 3
Original post by Heidi_16
is it needed in general because of how extreme it is now?

Yes, it's still needed in the middle east.
gender binary should not be a thing, because it is ridiculous.
Reply 5
Original post by Kansspel
Yes, it's still needed in the middle east.

But is it needed to such an extreme level, don't you think it has blown out of proportion? I understand the reasoning behind it but it has gotten extreme
Reply 6
Original post by jesswalton888
gender binary should not be a thing, because it is ridiculous.

I agree but dont u think thats a bit nasty
I agree but dont u think thats a bit nasty

No. I understand as a human race we evolve, but for people to clarify they are not male 'nor female is just ridiculous. Biologically, EVERY individual in the world either lean towards male or female. The majority of the people's appearance that classify as 'non-binary' look either male or female i.e. some may have long hair, wear make-up and wear dresses, that's not exactly stating you're not a gender when they look like a female visa versa.

Women in particular that identify as 'non-binary'... The suffragettes did not go into starvation, commit suicide and be harassed for women in the 21st century to turn round and say "i do not identify as a woman. I identify as non-binary".
Reply 8
But is it needed to such an extreme level, don't you think it has blown out of proportion? I understand the reasoning behind it but it has gotten extreme

I agree in terms of the western world. Many feminists in the west do often times ask for extra rights rather than equal rights. So yes, in the west I'd say that feminism has blown out of proportion. But if they reverted their position to supporting women in the middle east where they do need feminism, I'd imagine they'd get a lot of their credibility back.

Quick Reply

Latest