SKE chat/support thread. Watch

Helenbiology
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Unfortunately I don’t live near Sussex. And unfortunately I work full time so I won’t be able to attend any university based lectures/practicals. I’m hoping the online courses will cover all I need to know.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Helenbiology)
Unfortunately I don’t live near Sussex. And unfortunately I work full time so I won’t be able to attend any university based lectures/practicals. I’m hoping the online courses will cover all I need to know.
They will, but I found the practical part of the course by far the most useful/rewarding.

Whilst I didn't commit quite the suggested number of hours to the SKE, do be aware it is about a 5-10 hour a week commitment as a minimum and you do have to log your hours. If you are working full time, that could be hard to fit in?
Helenbiology
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
They will, but I found the practical part of the course by far the most useful/rewarding.

Whilst I didn't commit quite the suggested number of hours to the SKE, do be aware it is about a 5-10 hour a week commitment as a minimum and you do have to log your hours. If you are working full time, that could be hard to fit in?
Thanks for the reply S&S. Yes I’m concerned too so I’m planning to reduce my hours. I also have children which will add to the mix! I’ve been offered a conditional offer of a 16 week ske. However vidlearn’s 16 week ske is Alevel only. I want to cover GCSE content too. Vidlearn have suggested the 28 week course as it covers GCSE and A level. Anyone doing that? I know there is a lot to do interms of the slides you need to produce at the end of each module, but there are no exams/tests right? So in theory it should be easier then cramping for exams? I need to get my university to agree to increase my ske weeks (if they ever reply to my calls/emails!) or find a provider who does a 16 week ske covering GCSE. Though the others out there don’t seem to be as good as vidlearn.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Helenbiology)

Thanks for the reply S&S. Yes I’m concerned too so I’m planning to reduce my hours. I also have children which will add to the mix! I’ve been offered a conditional offer of a 16 week ske. However vidlearn’s 16 week ske is Alevel only. I want to cover GCSE content too. Vidlearn have suggested the 28 week course as it covers GCSE and A level. Anyone doing that? I know there is a lot to do interms of the slides you need to produce at the end of each module, but there are no exams/tests right? So in theory it should be easier then cramping for exams? I need to get my university to agree to increase my ske weeks (if they ever reply to my calls/emails!) or find a provider who does a 16 week ske covering GCSE. Though the others out there don’t seem to be as good as vidlearn.
Honestly, unless you really want to do the 28 week course, I think the A-level only course is fine. There is a lot of cross over with GCSE content- you're just learning it at a higher level and you will have access to their GCSE resources for all three sciences which you can watch when you have finished if you want to. You'll also do subject content stuff up to GCSE at uni- but less of the A-level stuff.

If you sign up to the 28 week course, you'll have to complete it- which could become a problem if life gets in the way.
jonathanf-s
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can you complete the course in your own time? as In could you complete an SKE faster if you want than 8 weeks?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%
Putting on a brave face (224)
13.67%
Impatient (207)
12.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise