The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

College application personal statement?

Hi! Postgrad student here about to apply for college membership & accommodation. I see the application asks for something like a personal statement. Does anyone know how important this is and what role it plays in the application? Is it anything like the personal statement for admission to uni? Any tips for writing it?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by lt096
Hi! Postgrad student here about to apply for college membership & accommodation. I see the application asks for something like a personal statement. Does anyone know how important this is and what role it plays in the application? Is it anything like the personal statement for admission to uni? Any tips for writing it?

If it's part of the application it is important. No it's not like the uni one. Can you provide a link?
I have no idea how big a role the personal statement plays in the application, but I wrote like four lines about my previous college experience at uni and expectations/hopes for college life at Durham. I really don't think it's meant to be a whole essay. Hope that helps a little!

Quick Reply

Latest